#46 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,550 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

stop worrying about the fiscal cliff fellas. its all gonna work out.

#47 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

IIRC, Presidents who won the popular vote 2 times in the modern era:

FDR
Eisenhower
Reagan
Obama

Posted Image

#48 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

less than half

You're forgetting about all the military whose votes were stymied, and all the people who hated Obama but didn't trust Romney, either. I know a lot of people in the latter category.

#49 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

lol

#50 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,133 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

You're forgetting about all the military whose votes were stymied, and all the people who hated Obama but didn't trust Romney, either. I know a lot of people in the latter category.

lol are you one of those people that posted that news story of a cargo plane crashing in florida with military ballots on board and went HMMMMMMMMMMMMM KIND OF MAKES YOU THINK DOESNT IT

even if you added all the "stymied" military votes to the romney column (which is stupid for a multitude of reasons) obummer would still win the popular vote

what other reasons can you think of that prove that obummer isn't legitimately the president?

#51 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,318 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

So if Obama gets all the tax increases he wants, the gov runs for like 8 days.

Why did we not come up with a fix like this sooner? Brilliant!!!

#52 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

lol are you one of those people that posted that news story of a cargo plane crashing in florida with military ballots on board and went HMMMMMMMMMMMMM KIND OF MAKES YOU THINK DOESNT IT

even if you added all the "stymied" military votes to the romney column (which is stupid for a multitude of reasons) obummer would still win the popular vote

what other reasons can you think of that prove that obummer isn't legitimately the president?

How about him getting 100 percent of the vote in several Philadelphia precincts? Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Mr. Beyond Reproach.

#53 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,133 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

How about him getting 100 percent of the vote in several Philadelphia precincts? Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Mr. Beyond Reproach.

source?

and i'm not beyond reproach (and in fact i value and seek it for the purposes of balancing out my information intake) but opinions are only as good as the evidence that supports them, and most of yours are pretty goddamn terrible as of late.

#54 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,133 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

So if Obama gets all the tax increases he wants, the gov runs for like 8 days.

Why did we not come up with a fix like this sooner? Brilliant!!!

well when you put it like that, yeah, but a revenue increase applies during the course of a year and shaves numbers off the deficit. you're attempting to paint legitimate attempts to lower the deficit as a bunch of stoopidness by those bumbling damnocrats (and ignoring the mandatory spending slashes designed to curb the deficit as well.

#55 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,318 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

I am certain that the precious income rates he keeps ranting about will not hurt Buffet at all. Loopholes still there.

#56 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,632 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

oh please. then there's all the people that didn't hate Obama at all but voted for Romney.

Half the country doesn't hate Obama, get over it. You don't have to support him or like him but he won the election.

#57 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

Half the country DOES hate Obama. They also hate Congress, the media, and the government in general.

#58 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,632 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

No, half the country does not hate Obama. I'm sorry you have such difficulty accepting that others might not share your view point.

If you want to claim that half this country is fed up and sick of politicians in general, you would likely be right, but that's quite different from bitching about how all these people hate Obama's guts.

The reality is Obama won the election convincingly and whether or not he has a "mandate" according to us, he basically ran on a campaign of making the rich pay more taxes and he won because of it.

#59 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

No, half the country does not hate Obama. I'm sorry you have such difficulty accepting that others might not share your view point.

If you want to claim that half this country is fed up and sick of politicians in general, you would likely be right, but that's quite different from bitching about how all these people hate Obama's guts.

The reality is Obama won the election convincingly and whether or not he has a "mandate" according to us, he basically ran on a campaign of making the rich pay more taxes and he won because of it.

Of course he won on that. All the lazy schmoes want those greedy rich people's money. (ironic, isn't it?)

#60 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,223 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

I actually would prefer we go off the fiscal cliff. Forced cost costs are better than none at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com