• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#61 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

A bit, yes. But because of the lockout before his rookie season the training in Florida was the bread and butter of his development.

Last offseason, not so much.

Ha, that means he was building his "brand" and doing commercials and stuff. God, I hope he stops worrying about that poo and goes down to Florida and spends the whole offseason down there.

#62 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

Ha, that means he was building his "brand" and doing commercials and stuff. God, I hope he stops worrying about that poo and goes down to Florida and spends the whole offseason down there.

Won't happen. He will need to be back here for OTAs and Mini Camps.

Lets just hope our new coaching staff is a huge upgrade

#63 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,264 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

Not me. There was no football program at USF when I went there. FML

And yes, I am a USF homer for any kid drafted from there. Blow me.

I can respect that. I'm a huge WCU homer.

Shot in the dark, you didn't know anybody at USF with the surname Kenzle did you? Two girls our age that graduated from there. Tarpon Springs girls.

#64 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

Won't happen. He will need to be back here for OTAs and Mini Camps.

Lets just hope our new coaching staff is a huge upgrade

Well, most of the offseason. I would take that. Come back for mini camps a better Cam.

#65 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,264 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

Cam is a part of the problem, but he is not the whole problem. We honestly will never win a SB with him under center. Should've waited and drafted RG3.

This is Griffin's first year. Nobody was saying what you are saying about Cam in his first year when he was setting records.

#66 TheLaptop

TheLaptop

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

I don't know how anyone who has watched a minute of football can make this statement.

9 wins in two seasons. Andrew Luck, RG3, and Wilson will have more than that in their first season, and one of those QBs doesn't even have a head coach. What makes you think Cam can win a Superbowl? I haven't seen a shred of improvement from him.

#67 TheLaptop

TheLaptop

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

This is Griffin's first year. Nobody was saying what you are saying about Cam in his first year when he was setting records.

Griffin isn't making the mistakes Cam made constantly, and is still making. Plus he has as much wins as Cam did last year, with 4 more games to go.

#68 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,264 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

9 wins in two seasons. Andrew Luck, RG3, and Wilson will have more than that in their first season, and one of those QBs doesn't even have a head coach. What makes you think Cam can win a Superbowl? I haven't seen a shred of improvement from him.

Our coaching staff is complete crap and are terrible game day coaches. Our defense gave up a 70 yard bomb with 20 seconds left to blow it against the Falcons. They blow it against Tampa. He has ONE receiver and a TE and in Oline that is the worst in the league. The team around him and the play calling is garbage. Then he has to deal with home town fans bashing him. Charlotte is fuging pathetic.

#69 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,273 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

I play both sides of the debate because well, there are two sides to the Cam coin.

Is Cam a future franchise QB with potential to lead a team to to a Superbowl? Yep

Can Cam throw a great long ball for the big gainer? Yep

Is Cam one of the only bright spots on the offense if not the only one? Yep

Does Cam have a ways to go in terms of intangibles and leadership? Yep

Can Cam improve his footwork and his accuracy on shorter routes and screens? Yep

Cam is a good sometimes great player. Most players would be lucky just to reach the level that he has already achieved. Some of you are satisfied with that. I'm not. I think we haven't yet seen what he can really do.

Much of this is on the coaching staff, who appear to have completely failed him this year. Hopefully he spends the summer with Weinke again.

That's not what I asked but I agree with all of that. You don't just play both sides of the debate, you seem to imply that you know more about his character than others and even hint at it but then don't spill the goods. And if they are rumors, well I was taught that spreading rumors is almost as bad as spreading tumors.

#70 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,264 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

Griffin isn't making the mistakes Cam made constantly, and is still making. Plus he has as much wins as Cam did last year, with 4 more games to go.

Griffin won a game with 163 yards passing and 1 TD against the Giants. He fumbled a ball that bounces into his own guys hands to save a drive. His defense is playing great and he has the best rushing attack in the NFL. In addition, his coach is calling a much better game than Chud. The media made him out as a god after that Giants game for a pedestrian performance. It's fans like you that make Charlotte such a joke of a sports town.

#71 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,184 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

hey guys i'm TheLaptop.

i have no idea why a quarterback in a west coast passing offense with the top rushing attack in the league would have a higher completion percentage and "make less mistakes" than a quarterback in a coryell variant that can't run the ball effectively.

oh yeah and the entire colts' organization is hell bent on winning for chuck pagano and is solid top to bottom but we should discount all that because they're playing for an interim head coach.

#72 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

hey guys i'm TheLaptop.

i have no idea why a quarterback in a west coast passing offense with the top rushing attack in the league would have a higher completion percentage and "make less mistakes" than a quarterback in a coryell variant that can't run the ball effectively.

oh yeah and the entire colts' organization is hell bent on winning for chuck pagano and is solid top to bottom but we should discount all that because they're playing for an interim head coach.

Stop destroying this dude man. You are gonna go make him cry. You right though. Dude is a moron. Blaming Cam for everything when clearly our team is complete and utter poo.

#73 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,933 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

I play both sides of the debate because well, there are two sides to the Cam coin.

Is Cam a future franchise QB with potential to lead a team to to a Superbowl? Yep

Can Cam throw a great long ball for the big gainer? Yep

Is Cam one of the only bright spots on the offense if not the only one? Yep

Does Cam have a ways to go in terms of intangibles and leadership? Yep

Can Cam improve his footwork and his accuracy on shorter routes and screens? Yep

Cam is a good sometimes great player. Most players would be lucky just to reach the level that he has already achieved. Some of you are satisfied with that. I'm not. I think we haven't yet seen what he can really do.

Much of this is on the coaching staff, who appear to have completely failed him this year. Hopefully he spends the summer with Weinke again.

I'd say he's facing a transition in the next year or so. Either he'll become the kind of QB he needs to be like Favre did or he'll be a perennial tease like Jeff George was.

Here's hoping the staff, whomever they may be, handle this correctly.

#74 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,273 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

I'd say he's facing a transition in the next year or so. Either he'll become the kind of QB he needs to be like Favre did or he'll be a perennial tease like Jeff George was.

Here's hoping the staff, whomever they may be, handle this correctly.

Lord help me, if the next coaching staff employ the read option as a base offense my ire will be entirely centered on them.

#75 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,408 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

That's not what I asked but I agree with all of that. You don't just play both sides of the debate, you seem to imply that you know more about his character than others and even hint at it but then don't spill the goods. And if they are rumors, well I was taught that spreading rumors is almost as bad as spreading tumors.

i don't get that zod is doing that at all.

he's said it pretty plainly before in another thread. cam is kind of considered a diva in the lockerroom, but that it wasn't necessarily a bad thing or considered a bad thing by him or really anyone else (at least that was my take).

he's always said that cam's got great talent and a great future. he's also seen, as many of us only with a little closer and different perspective, the areas on the field and on the sidelines where cam can improve...and it's not blasphemous or disrespectful at all to newton to acknowledge that he, being a very young guy in a very high profile position, has room to grow. nor there anything wrong with holding him to a higher standard and expecting more from him because of his position on the team and draft status, but nowhere has he or any non-mouth breather said that he is the only problem. he's part of it, but nowhere near the only part or a majority part. but that part is easily grown out of...at least the parts that matter, anyway.

it's just not the big issue that people make it out to be. he's got immense talent and a personality to match.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com