Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Floppin

Want to see how the US military justifies killing children?

63 posts in this topic

You really don't see the inherent flaw and imbedded hubris in processing information on the grounds that "if I ain't seen it myself it's a buncha mularky?"

No I don't. It's how I pulled myself away from organized religion.

but I guess since you don't personally know any scholars that have worked jobs and now teach college, any say-so otherwise is easily dismissible with your philosophy. must be nice

but I guess since you don't personally know any scholars that have worked jobs and now teach college, any say-so otherwise is easily dismissible with your philosophy. must be nice

You're putting words in my mouth. I trust what I see with my own eyes MORE than what your scholars tell you. Doesn't mean I totally dismiss what they say.

You do the same thing. If you read up on it, most people who have studied the subject will tell you that giving money to bums is the last thing you should do. But you do it anyway. Why?

I love how the stats are revered when they support one way of looking at things and vilified when they go against it. Having worked with a lot of stats in academia, there's a ton of things that go into getting a desired result if one wishes to do so. Academia is hardly above reproach when it comes to being objective with what they report.

I used to think G5 was the biggest moron ever. I stand in awe of how wrong I was.

Never let a good tragedy go to waste. Saul Alinsky and Rahm Emanuel would be proud

This post would make a lot more sense if this was the first time the US killed children in their Afganistan/ Pakistan bombing campaign.

This post would make a lot more sense if this was the first time the US killed children in their Afganistan/ Pakistan bombing campaign.

Because?

Because?

We've killed hundreds of kids with our bomb strikes in recent years. So quite a few tragedies have "gone to waste," as you put it

We've killed hundreds of kids with our bomb strikes in recent years. So quite a few tragedies have "gone to waste," as you put it

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&biw=1440&bih=809&sclient=psy-ab&q=children%20killed%20by%20drones&oq=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=cb629d3c6571b600&bpcl=39650382&pf=p&pdl=300

Your point is? Those stories get virtually no play in the US media. Most people in the US have no clue how extensive our drone program is

Huffington Post, CNN, UK Guardian, Wiki Entries, local news outlets... and that is from the first page of a single google search.

Are you really arguing this?

Huffington Post, CNN, UK Guardian, Wiki Entries, local news outlets... and that is from the first page of a single google search.

Are you really arguing this?

Do you really think our drone program has gotten heavy coverage in the US media? Because I can honestly not remember a big story about it. Sure, if you look around online you can find whatever news you want, but that doesnt mean every story gets the same national attention.

Maybe you watch different stuff than me, idk. There have only been a couple of threads on here about it that I recall and none were very popular

Edit: the google page you is blog posts and foreign coverage. Not a single real article from a major US news source (unless you count HuffPo). One is even a letter to the editor in the Florida Today complaining about the lack of coverage