Photo
- - - - -

Want to see how the US military justifies killing children?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#11 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

There were a lot of children used in Vietnam. They would walk up to a helicopter and toss in a grenade, killing several U.S. soldiers in the process.

If these kids were truly innocent then this is an awful story and there is no justification. If this was a situation like Vietnam, though, then the parents' story that they were sending their kids out to collect dung doesn't pass the smell test.

is it reasonable to suggest a sort of age of self-determination wherein an individual becomes responsible for his own actions, whereas someone under that age is not guilty by proxy of their use by larger forces?

in other words, if a military force tells 8-year-old johnny that those guys in that helicopter are enemy invaders, and they're going to kill his mom if he doesn't toss a grenade in it, and he tosses the grenade and kills them, he is guilty of having done the deed, but it was no act of self-determination that inspired him; it was his position of ultimate helplessness within the context of his nation's struggle that forced him into it.

#12 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

is it reasonable to suggest a sort of age of self-determination wherein an individual becomes responsible for his own actions, whereas someone under that age is not guilty by proxy of their use by larger forces?

in other words, if a military force tells 8-year-old johnny that those guys in that helicopter are enemy invaders, and they're going to kill his mom if he doesn't toss a grenade in it, and he tosses the grenade and kills them, he is guilty of having done the deed, but it was no act of self-determination that inspired him; it was his position of ultimate helplessness within the context of his nation's struggle that forced him into it.

It doesn't matter. You kill the kid to protect your fellow soldiers. War sucks, but it is what it is.

#13 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

It doesn't matter. You kill the kid to protect your fellow soldiers. War sucks, but it is what it is.

in a vacuum i agree.

but war is not a vacuum and when children are killed the finger points necessarily (or should) not at the soldier who pulled the trigger but at the individuals or entity that caused the war to begin with.

#14 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

I'm so fed up with America being the "world police force". I'm sick of the UN. I would've voted for Ron Paul but I knew it was a lost cause. Please don't ever call me a republican again! Lol.

We need to take care of us. First and foremost.

#15 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

gotta kill a few kids to make an omelet

#16 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Marines. Call in airstrikes for three kids.

#17 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

tbh i wouldn't trust a marine to call in a pizza

#18 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

Never let a good tragedy go to waste. Saul Alinsky and Rahm Emanuel would be proud

#19 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

So the kids are innocent because the parents sent them out for some poo?

<-----this is why i dont take anything you say seriously.....good luck in life though

#20 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

so easy to dismiss this when the physical war isnt on your door step......one day people all over will learn compassion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users