Photo
- - - - -

Want to see how the US military justifies killing children?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

Well there's no arguing with that logic!! Or lack thereof.

You don't prefer to believe what you see with your own eyes?

#32 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,090 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

No, they shouldn't. I believe what I see with my own eyes. Not some crap that "scholars" put together. Most scholars have never had a job in the real world.

most scholars paid their way through college with jobs in the real world and most scholars teach in community colleges or universities, both of which are jobs in the real world. what an incredibly ridiculous argument to make.

#33 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,687 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

What you see with your own eyes is figuratively nothing more than your opinion of events. In a literal sense, what you see with your own eyes is nothing more than your brains interpretation of reality, and here's a nifty hint - your eyes lie to you all the time.

#34 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

most scholars paid their way through college with jobs in the real world and most scholars teach in community colleges or universities, both of which are jobs in the real world. what an incredibly ridiculous argument to make.

No they did not. Come on, Philly. You're much to smart to make a statement like that.

#35 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,090 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

You really don't see the inherent flaw and imbedded hubris in processing information on the grounds that "if I ain't seen it myself it's a buncha mularky?"

#36 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,090 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

No they did not. Come on, Philly. You're much to smart to make a statement like that.

lol who do you think employs scholars?

#37 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

You really don't see the inherent flaw and imbedded hubris in processing information on the grounds that "if I ain't seen it myself it's a buncha mularky?"

No I don't. It's how I pulled myself away from organized religion.

#38 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,090 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

but I guess since you don't personally know any scholars that have worked jobs and now teach college, any say-so otherwise is easily dismissible with your philosophy. must be nice

#39 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

but I guess since you don't personally know any scholars that have worked jobs and now teach college, any say-so otherwise is easily dismissible with your philosophy. must be nice

You're putting words in my mouth. I trust what I see with my own eyes MORE than what your scholars tell you. Doesn't mean I totally dismiss what they say.

You do the same thing. If you read up on it, most people who have studied the subject will tell you that giving money to bums is the last thing you should do. But you do it anyway. Why?

#40 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

I love how the stats are revered when they support one way of looking at things and vilified when they go against it. Having worked with a lot of stats in academia, there's a ton of things that go into getting a desired result if one wishes to do so. Academia is hardly above reproach when it comes to being objective with what they report.

#41 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

I used to think G5 was the biggest moron ever. I stand in awe of how wrong I was.

#42 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Never let a good tragedy go to waste. Saul Alinsky and Rahm Emanuel would be proud

This post would make a lot more sense if this was the first time the US killed children in their Afganistan/ Pakistan bombing campaign.

#43 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

This post would make a lot more sense if this was the first time the US killed children in their Afganistan/ Pakistan bombing campaign.

Because?

#44 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Because?

We've killed hundreds of kids with our bomb strikes in recent years. So quite a few tragedies have "gone to waste," as you put it

#45 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

We've killed hundreds of kids with our bomb strikes in recent years. So quite a few tragedies have "gone to waste," as you put it

https://www.google.c...82&pf=p&pdl=300

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com