24 replies to this topic

#1 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

That could mean big things for this city, am I wrong?...I was too young to be into NBA ball when the Hornets were around but I remember the name, and Ive known the Bobcats just haven't been the same. I hope the change will occur, and soon. Think about what that means for Cam, that means you actually have a real basketball team playing in your city. You think he wants to go see the Bobcats play? fug no but I bet he would go watch the Hornets. Anyways, when I heard the change might be coming I got real pumped cause as of now I am more of an NBA fan than a die hard for one team. I like the Bobcats, I like the Celtics, the Knicks cause of the 'cuse baller, Nuggets cause of Ty. However I think if they went back to the Hornets I wouldn't have a choice but to go die hard for the original Charlotte basketball franchise. Lets go Jordan, get it done.

#2 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

What's Cam got to do with anything lol?

#3 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,210 posts
  • LocationRichardson's toilet

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

if you don't know what it means you are too young

#4 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

I wasn't sold on the idea until I thought about how great it would be for Cam.

Go Hornets.

#5 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

It would be a coup for MJ if he was the one to bring the Hornets back. We need that name.

#6 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

What's Cam got to do with anything lol?

Lol Foreal. Cam? I dno

#7 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

I think more fans would go to games than just why "Cam" would go to games. Lol

Really what does Cam have to do with it?

#8 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

Im in favor of any nickname other than the "Bobcats". Bobcats sounds like the mascot of a middle school somewhere in suburban america where everyone has a white picket fence, 2 kids and dog.

Our colors are ugly too. Johnson's reasoning in selecting the colors was that no other NBA team had the colors orange and blue\purple. News flash: Maybe noone else had previously used that color combo for a reason... it is ugly and not flexible enough for the casual fan. Blaze orange should have never been used in the colorway.

The odd colors make it difficult to find Bobcats apparel that dosent make you look like you are headed to the game.

#9 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

It would be a coup for MJ if he was the one to bring the Hornets back.

never thought about that.. if he were "the one who brought the Hornets back" and put together even just a playoff one-and-done team for a few years-- he could clean his slate of draft choices/trades and be forgiven.. be seen as a good owner

#10 Dingo_ate_Babies

Dingo_ate_Babies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

think about what the Hornet's mean to CAM..JUST THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

#11 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,780 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

If this team goes back to Hornets...I'll have no excuse for not watching some games and getting my interest back.

#12 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

Getting crucified by putting something about Cam it was just a figure of speech, ME, ANYONE, would rather see the Hornets than Bobcats. That is the point.

#13 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

never thought about that.. if he were "the one who brought the Hornets back" and put together even just a playoff one-and-done team for a few years-- he could clean his slate of draft choices/trades and be forgiven.. be seen as a good owner

That absolutely right. He secretly is a good owner now. I've like the direction the Bobcats are going since he took over. He's hired a good GM, and a good coach, and he's not too stubborn to try to adjust. I know we're on a bit of a losing streak, but we've made tremendous progress and the past two losses were close to decent teams despite injuries to our best bigs. I remember him talking about how hard it was to play against the Hornets in Charlotte at the old coliseum and the atmosphere there. I don't think it would be much of a decision at all for him to pull the trigger on the name change. I'm actually surprised that's it only take 3 million for that change. That's less then Matt Carroll's salary was and he would almost instantaneously make that profit back on gear alone. The question is....would be allowed to have our franchise records back pre 2002?, and would he bring the old court back? Because the old Charlotte Coliseum court was the best in the biz imho.

#14 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Pelicans is almost as bad as Bobcats. WTF is NO thinking.

#15 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Maybe we could get all-black Helmets as part of the uniform..Im all in. Is Gerry Vallencourt coming back to host with Steve Martin?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users