Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IF they change back to the Charlotte HORNETS

25 posts in this topic

Posted

never thought about that.. if he were "the one who brought the Hornets back" and put together even just a playoff one-and-done team for a few years-- he could clean his slate of draft choices/trades and be forgiven.. be seen as a good owner

That absolutely right. He secretly is a good owner now. I've like the direction the Bobcats are going since he took over. He's hired a good GM, and a good coach, and he's not too stubborn to try to adjust. I know we're on a bit of a losing streak, but we've made tremendous progress and the past two losses were close to decent teams despite injuries to our best bigs. I remember him talking about how hard it was to play against the Hornets in Charlotte at the old coliseum and the atmosphere there. I don't think it would be much of a decision at all for him to pull the trigger on the name change. I'm actually surprised that's it only take 3 million for that change. That's less then Matt Carroll's salary was and he would almost instantaneously make that profit back on gear alone. The question is....would be allowed to have our franchise records back pre 2002?, and would he bring the old court back? Because the old Charlotte Coliseum court was the best in the biz imho.

Posted

Pelicans is almost as bad as Bobcats. WTF is NO thinking.

Posted

Maybe we could get all-black Helmets as part of the uniform..Im all in. Is Gerry Vallencourt coming back to host with Steve Martin?

Posted

Once the hive is a buzzin you won't be able to keep the fans away. Just watch that atmosphere come alive like nothing we've seen in the Bobcats years.

Posted

Bobcats have a golden opportunity to take control of this city sports wise. Panthers are awful and probably will be for at least another year or so.

If the Bobcats can put a good/exciting/competitive product on the court, and then give the city and it's people what they want by bringing back the buzz, the team and city could flourish.

If they continue to improve, a CHARLOTTE HORNETS ticket could be hard to come by this time next year!!

Posted

Once the hive is a buzzin you won't be able to keep the fans away. Just watch that atmosphere come alive like nothing we've seen in the Bobcats years.

this is the heart of basketball country and this is an NBA city. It always has been. The bobcats name, mantra, and basically everything they're about just doesn't do it for jaded Charlotte sports fans.

You youngsters on here have truly no idea what it was like when the Hornets were here and doing well.

If you had to make a list regarding the top plays in Charlotte sports history, it is without question Alonzo Mourning's buzzer beater against the Celtics.

People forget that the hornets circa the early-mid 90s were a carbon copy of what the Thunder are now.

Posted

Yeah I used to awlays go to the Coliseum for Hornets game. Everything about it was so much better than watching the Bobcats. It was just a good theme and everyone fell in love with it

Posted

If the change comes. I will be there game one next year. Bob johnson needs to be flushed from this city. I think its a no brainer to make the change. The profits will greatly out weigh the costs.

Posted

this is the heart of basketball country and this is an NBA city. It always has been. The bobcats name, mantra, and basically everything they're about just doesn't do it for jaded Charlotte sports fans.

You youngsters on here have truly no idea what it was like when the Hornets were here and doing well.

If you had to make a list regarding the top plays in Charlotte sports history, it is without question Alonzo Mourning's buzzer beater against the Celtics.

People forget that the hornets circa the early-mid 90s were a carbon copy of what the Thunder are now.

Back in the old days..ya know...when the internet didn't exist yet...I remember The Observer printing out caricatures of each player every Sunday..I had them all hanging on my wall. I met Larry Johnston at the Mall..Dell Curry came thru my line when I was an awesome cashier at the Tajma Teeter..Good Times..I like The Bobcats..been to a couple games...but I would LOVE it if we had our old name back

Posted

can you imagine the pandemonium if we get back our Hornets name and we land

a stud draft pick to add to our young core?

Posted

The Bobcats name embodies everything that Charlotte dislikes about the NBA. It reminds people of the Hornets being ripped away. It reminds people of Bob Johnson's idiocy. It reminds people of the single worst team in NBA history. It's awful. It needs to go...get that stench outta here.

I don't know anybody that was alive and in the old Coliseum watching the Hornets electrify the city (even when they were bad) that would choose the name Bobcats over Hornets. The Hornets mean A LOT to both the city and the Carolinas as a whole. There's a reason Charlotte Hornets gear is all over North/South Carolina whereas Bobcats gear is not. Will it be exactly the same? Of course not. But it could begin to mend the bridges that were torched when Shinn's greed turned a lot of people off to the NBA. Jordan would become a hero. And he would make a KILLING off of merchandise sales. I'd be first in line for a Charlotte Hornets shirt and hat.

Posted

if they do change I hope we get our original colors back