#16 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,142 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Once the hive is a buzzin you won't be able to keep the fans away. Just watch that atmosphere come alive like nothing we've seen in the Bobcats years.

#17 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Bobcats have a golden opportunity to take control of this city sports wise. Panthers are awful and probably will be for at least another year or so.

If the Bobcats can put a good/exciting/competitive product on the court, and then give the city and it's people what they want by bringing back the buzz, the team and city could flourish.

If they continue to improve, a CHARLOTTE HORNETS ticket could be hard to come by this time next year!!

#18 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Once the hive is a buzzin you won't be able to keep the fans away. Just watch that atmosphere come alive like nothing we've seen in the Bobcats years.

this is the heart of basketball country and this is an NBA city. It always has been. The bobcats name, mantra, and basically everything they're about just doesn't do it for jaded Charlotte sports fans.

You youngsters on here have truly no idea what it was like when the Hornets were here and doing well.

If you had to make a list regarding the top plays in Charlotte sports history, it is without question Alonzo Mourning's buzzer beater against the Celtics.

People forget that the hornets circa the early-mid 90s were a carbon copy of what the Thunder are now.

#19 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

• HUDDLER
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Yeah I used to awlays go to the Coliseum for Hornets game. Everything about it was so much better than watching the Bobcats. It was just a good theme and everyone fell in love with it

#20 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

If the change comes. I will be there game one next year. Bob johnson needs to be flushed from this city. I think its a no brainer to make the change. The profits will greatly out weigh the costs.

#21 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

this is the heart of basketball country and this is an NBA city. It always has been. The bobcats name, mantra, and basically everything they're about just doesn't do it for jaded Charlotte sports fans.

You youngsters on here have truly no idea what it was like when the Hornets were here and doing well.

If you had to make a list regarding the top plays in Charlotte sports history, it is without question Alonzo Mourning's buzzer beater against the Celtics.

People forget that the hornets circa the early-mid 90s were a carbon copy of what the Thunder are now.

Back in the old days..ya know...when the internet didn't exist yet...I remember The Observer printing out caricatures of each player every Sunday..I had them all hanging on my wall. I met Larry Johnston at the Mall..Dell Curry came thru my line when I was an awesome cashier at the Tajma Teeter..Good Times..I like The Bobcats..been to a couple games...but I would LOVE it if we had our old name back

#22 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

can you imagine the pandemonium if we get back our Hornets name and we land
a stud draft pick to add to our young core?

#23 Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Gazing In The Mirror

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

The Bobcats name embodies everything that Charlotte dislikes about the NBA. It reminds people of the Hornets being ripped away. It reminds people of Bob Johnson's idiocy. It reminds people of the single worst team in NBA history. It's awful. It needs to go...get that stench outta here.

I don't know anybody that was alive and in the old Coliseum watching the Hornets electrify the city (even when they were bad) that would choose the name Bobcats over Hornets. The Hornets mean A LOT to both the city and the Carolinas as a whole. There's a reason Charlotte Hornets gear is all over North/South Carolina whereas Bobcats gear is not. Will it be exactly the same? Of course not. But it could begin to mend the bridges that were torched when Shinn's greed turned a lot of people off to the NBA. Jordan would become a hero. And he would make a KILLING off of merchandise sales. I'd be first in line for a Charlotte Hornets shirt and hat.

#24 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

if they do change I hope we get our original colors back

#25 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

• HUDDLER
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

can you imagine the pandemonium if we get back our Hornets name and we land
a stud draft pick to add to our young core?

That would completely turn this franchise around. Sell out crowds and a vibe around the city

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users