Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

James Harrison says KC tragedy not a gun problem

107 posts in this topic

Posted

I'd like to know the percentage of guns that have been used to kill people as appossed to guns that exist that haven't been used to harm human beings.

I don't have that data but I'd guess that 80% or more haven't been fired at a person. So why do we need more regulation for things only a few people abuse? I don't see the point. Wouldn't it be more prudent to cure the problem instead of treating a symptom?

Your talking about changing laws for a very small percentage of offenders. I don't own a fire arm by choice but I'm not going to force that choice on others who are mostly responsible people.

Atomic fission is used throughout the world to power millions of homes, schools, and places of worship. Only two atomic weapons have EVER been used in attacks against people.

Why regulate?!!!

Posted

You didn't debate it because the logic was actually pretty sound.

Nope.

Posted

I've taken an aluminum bat as well as a broomstick to the head (explains a lot) and wouldn't choose a rock over the two. A grown man bashing your head in with a brick or large stone can definately kill you. To think that it can't is foolish.

Have you taken a gunshot to the head?

Posted

Have you taken a gunshot to the head?

If not, he's probably not encountered a mentally ill person with a gun. I'd bet he's been around a lot of guns too, given his views on the issue.

Posted

If not, he's probably not encountered a mentally ill person with a gun. I'd bet he's been around a lot of guns too, given his views on the issue.

You sir, are a scholar.

Posted

You didn't debate it because the logic was actually pretty sound.

clearly you're wrong, just don't ask me why

Posted

I believe in a persons right to have anything they want. I can own a car and not hit people with it so...

I've seen before my eyes what people do with guns and I have no love for them at all. I've chosen to have nothing to do with them especially having a young one in treasure hunt mode in the house at this time. If somebody wants to get you tactically they will. There is no protection. There is only intent unless you are super rich and can afford proper countermeasures.

Posted

I love the atomic bomb argument. You prove the rightwing point for them.

Back when only one country had it, it was used against a mostly civilian population.

Then other countries developed them. It hasn't been used against any population since.

2 people like this

Posted

then why can't iran have them?

Posted

then why can't iran have them?

The same reason a certified crazy person who threatens to kill people can't (legally) have a gun.

Posted

The same reason a certified crazy person who threatens to kill people can't (legally) have a gun.

ok if that's the case then why can israel have them?

oh and speaking of certified crazy, why do we have them? we actually used the damn things to commit one of the greatest atrocities in human history.

Posted

clearly you're wrong, just don't ask me why

Just replying to Del again huh? Not talking about me... or following me around in a thread that I had already posted in multiple times before you starting jabbering even though you claim I was MIA?

???

i replied to delhommey, on topic

in fact i never said anything to you at all

also this:

is par for the course. don't be surprised when people don't accept "lol ur dumb" as an argument. i mean, you can call someone dumb if you have the means to back it up. i'll call you a fuging retard all day as i post peer-reviewed article after peer-reviewed article refuting your points. but just drop the "lol ur dumb and silly and no im not telling why"

See, this is the difference between you and nearly every other poster on this board...

The difference is this... my problem with Del is that he often uses extreme examples to make his points such as in this thread (and also a fair bit of trolling)... I find this a poor way of making a point, but I don't think Del is dumb... I just think some of the posts he makes are, so I say so. But I don't throw out childish antics and call him names.

I really don't think that you are dumb either, I just think you have extraordinarily poor social skills... and don't play well with anyone who even slightly disagrees with you. You claim to only call out people who's ideologies are "not well thought out..." but that's not true at all. You only call people out when they don't line up with your way of thinking and usually do so in a very childish and condescending manner.

If could stop being an socially retarded person and instead of calling people stupid or "literally retarded" and simply discuss the merits of the arguments being made, I probably would rarely comment about your posts. I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with me or anyone else. I'm not always right, and I realize that and I am fully capable of changing my position on issues, as I have done many times in my life, but I'm not always going to agree with you and that doesn't make me "literally retarded" or any other personal attack you can come up with...

tl;dr

My point is this... act like an adult and you'll be treated like one.