Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

James Harrison says KC tragedy not a gun problem

107 posts in this topic

Posted

He could have used a rock on his girlfriend and threw himself off one of the stadium balconies, no difference. Guns don't kill people.

I bet the guy that lives down the street from me wishes the drive-by a few months ago was a drive-by stoning instead of a drive-by shooting.

Regardless of my opinions on gun control in this country, any new laws would be largely irrelevant today anyway. This country has hundreds of millions of guns in the hands of private citizens. Implementing any serious form of gun control at this point would accomplish very little.

Posted

In review:

Comparing a pair of scissors (a tool used for cutting paper, cloth, plastic, etc) to an assault rifle (a weapon): Acceptable Huddle Logic.

Comparing an assault rifle (a weapon) to an atomic bomb (a weapon): Holy Lord I guess I fell asleep on the train and woke up in CRAZY TOWN!!!

Posted

you can't spell thug without hug.

Posted

ok if that's the case then why can israel have them?

They're like the crazy guy with good lawyers.

oh and speaking of certified crazy, why do we have them? we actually used the damn things to commit one of the greatest atrocities in human history.

Pretty much the same as above. Sounds like a joke, but sadly its not.

Posted

gun control isn't ever going to happen...let's face it. Maybe they could make it harder to get a gun...but that really only screws the lawbiding citizen that wants to use it for home defense or target shooting etc. Criminals always have and always will be able to get their hands on a gun when they need/want one.

To me, the biggest difference is the cultural thing. The percentage of Canadians that own guns is much much lower than the percentage of Americans that do. The whole constitutional argument and my daddy had a gun so I need a gun etc etc etc. Change the culture, change the number of guns out there. Laws and enforcement isn't the answer.

me personally...I'd like to see a streak of murders where bras are the murder weapons. I'm all for supporting a bra ban!

Posted

In review:

Comparing a pair of scissors (a tool used for cutting paper, cloth, plastic, etc) to an assault rifle (a weapon): Acceptable Huddle Logic.

Comparing an assault rifle (a weapon) to an atomic bomb (a weapon): Holy Lord I guess I fell asleep on the train and woke up in CRAZY TOWN!!!

This post is the reason that it's pointless for me to discuss this with Delhommey.

Scissors and guns... things an INDIVIDUAL PERSON can use as a weapon against another person/small group of people.

Guns and an atomic bomb, uhh... a weapon that could be easily wielded by one person against another, and a weapon that (unless in a very, very extreme circumstance) one person could not build, possess or use against one or a small number of other individuals.

I think it's a bad analogy, he doesn't... what's to discuss?

Posted

Atomic weapons can be easily detonated by one person. A crude atomic weapon could be built by one person as well.

The only reason they can't is...wait for it...governmental restrictions.

Posted

And the defeatist mantra of "we'll never get rid of gun violence" is the same as saying "we'll never get rid of traffic accidents". Both are true but it's absolutely insane not to do all within our power to limit them.

Posted

No...it would be more like comparing to we'll never get rid of weed.

Posted

Funny, as I find gun people's arguments just as inane and illogical as weed people's.

Smoking weed is good for you, man!

Posted

uhhh... there is a big difference in guns and bombs...

ever heard of a weapon of mass destruction? that is what a bomb is...

Posted

The guns/bombs comparison is extreme. It's less extreme than guns/scissors comparisons though.