#76 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,876 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Have you taken a gunshot to the head?

If not, he's probably not encountered a mentally ill person with a gun. I'd bet he's been around a lot of guns too, given his views on the issue.

#77 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

If not, he's probably not encountered a mentally ill person with a gun. I'd bet he's been around a lot of guns too, given his views on the issue.

You sir, are a scholar.

#78 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

You didn't debate it because the logic was actually pretty sound.

clearly you're wrong, just don't ask me why

#79 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

I believe in a persons right to have anything they want. I can own a car and not hit people with it so...

I've seen before my eyes what people do with guns and I have no love for them at all. I've chosen to have nothing to do with them especially having a young one in treasure hunt mode in the house at this time. If somebody wants to get you tactically they will. There is no protection. There is only intent unless you are super rich and can afford proper countermeasures.

#80 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,854 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

I love the atomic bomb argument. You prove the rightwing point for them.

Back when only one country had it, it was used against a mostly civilian population.

Then other countries developed them. It hasn't been used against any population since.

#81 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

then why can't iran have them?

#82 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

then why can't iran have them?

The same reason a certified crazy person who threatens to kill people can't (legally) have a gun.

#83 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

The same reason a certified crazy person who threatens to kill people can't (legally) have a gun.

ok if that's the case then why can israel have them?

oh and speaking of certified crazy, why do we have them? we actually used the damn things to commit one of the greatest atrocities in human history.

#84 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,446 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

clearly you're wrong, just don't ask me why

Just replying to Del again huh? Not talking about me... or following me around in a thread that I had already posted in multiple times before you starting jabbering even though you claim I was MIA?

???

i replied to delhommey, on topic

in fact i never said anything to you at all

also this:

is par for the course. don't be surprised when people don't accept "lol ur dumb" as an argument. i mean, you can call someone dumb if you have the means to back it up. i'll call you a fuging retard all day as i post peer-reviewed article after peer-reviewed article refuting your points. but just drop the "lol ur dumb and silly and no im not telling why"

See, this is the difference between you and nearly every other poster on this board...

The difference is this... my problem with Del is that he often uses extreme examples to make his points such as in this thread (and also a fair bit of trolling)... I find this a poor way of making a point, but I don't think Del is dumb... I just think some of the posts he makes are, so I say so. But I don't throw out childish antics and call him names.

I really don't think that you are dumb either, I just think you have extraordinarily poor social skills... and don't play well with anyone who even slightly disagrees with you. You claim to only call out people who's ideologies are "not well thought out..." but that's not true at all. You only call people out when they don't line up with your way of thinking and usually do so in a very childish and condescending manner.

If could stop being an socially retarded person and instead of calling people stupid or "literally retarded" and simply discuss the merits of the arguments being made, I probably would rarely comment about your posts. I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with me or anyone else. I'm not always right, and I realize that and I am fully capable of changing my position on issues, as I have done many times in my life, but I'm not always going to agree with you and that doesn't make me "literally retarded" or any other personal attack you can come up with...

tl;dr

My point is this... act like an adult and you'll be treated like one.

#85 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

He could have used a rock on his girlfriend and threw himself off one of the stadium balconies, no difference. Guns don't kill people.

I bet the guy that lives down the street from me wishes the drive-by a few months ago was a drive-by stoning instead of a drive-by shooting.

Regardless of my opinions on gun control in this country, any new laws would be largely irrelevant today anyway. This country has hundreds of millions of guns in the hands of private citizens. Implementing any serious form of gun control at this point would accomplish very little.

#86 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

In review:

Comparing a pair of scissors (a tool used for cutting paper, cloth, plastic, etc) to an assault rifle (a weapon): Acceptable Huddle Logic.

Comparing an assault rifle (a weapon) to an atomic bomb (a weapon): Holy Lord I guess I fell asleep on the train and woke up in CRAZY TOWN!!!

#87 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,198 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

you can't spell thug without hug.

#88 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

ok if that's the case then why can israel have them?

They're like the crazy guy with good lawyers.

oh and speaking of certified crazy, why do we have them? we actually used the damn things to commit one of the greatest atrocities in human history.

Pretty much the same as above. Sounds like a joke, but sadly its not.

#89 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

gun control isn't ever going to happen...let's face it. Maybe they could make it harder to get a gun...but that really only screws the lawbiding citizen that wants to use it for home defense or target shooting etc. Criminals always have and always will be able to get their hands on a gun when they need/want one.

To me, the biggest difference is the cultural thing. The percentage of Canadians that own guns is much much lower than the percentage of Americans that do. The whole constitutional argument and my daddy had a gun so I need a gun etc etc etc. Change the culture, change the number of guns out there. Laws and enforcement isn't the answer.

me personally...I'd like to see a streak of murders where bras are the murder weapons. I'm all for supporting a bra ban!

#90 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,446 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

In review:

Comparing a pair of scissors (a tool used for cutting paper, cloth, plastic, etc) to an assault rifle (a weapon): Acceptable Huddle Logic.

Comparing an assault rifle (a weapon) to an atomic bomb (a weapon): Holy Lord I guess I fell asleep on the train and woke up in CRAZY TOWN!!!

This post is the reason that it's pointless for me to discuss this with Delhommey.

Scissors and guns... things an INDIVIDUAL PERSON can use as a weapon against another person/small group of people.

Guns and an atomic bomb, uhh... a weapon that could be easily wielded by one person against another, and a weapon that (unless in a very, very extreme circumstance) one person could not build, possess or use against one or a small number of other individuals.

I think it's a bad analogy, he doesn't... what's to discuss?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com