panthers kickoff coin toss

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#11 Panths

Panths

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

I like the idea maybe. The only downside for the kicking team is now there can be a block as its not a free kick.

I wish they would fix all the stop and start in the game before they keep tweaking everything else.

You're telling me, man. Ever since they have every TO and TD reviewable, I'm pretty sure I'm watching more commercial than game time when it's all said and done.

#12 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

That quote is one of the silliest ideas I've ever heard.

I want the old kickoffs back, but I'm not holding my breath.

same here, just want the old style back

#13 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

You're telling me, man. Ever since they have every TO and TD reviewable, I'm pretty sure I'm watching more commercial than game time when it's all said and done.

It's brutal at the game too. At least you have different commercials. We have to wave our AAA cards and dance for diamonds. Actually the dancing is funny sometimes.

The easiest thing to do is get rid of the 2 minute warning at least for the first half. If you are stopping the game for every damn thing at least take out the purely arbitrary stoppage.

This year, maybe it was the Seattle game, a play was reviewed with like 2:15 left in the first half. After the lengthy review we called timeout (WHY?). Then one play and the 2:00 warning. Then a couple more timeouts and finally the end of the half with maybe a FG in there. It took like 15 minutes to get through the last 2:15 it seemed.

I think players would like it more too. How many times have the players lined up for a crucial 3rd down after having stood around staring at the big screen

#14 Panths

Panths

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

I'd do the same thing with point afters also. Score a TD you get 6 points, then you can choose to take the automatic 1 point or go for 2.

Maybe that'd be better; in the world of Gano, those 1 pointers aren't gimme's

#15 DeeJay

DeeJay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationHell Paso Texas
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

This is why you need NFL redzone

#16 DeeJay

DeeJay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationHell Paso Texas
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Goodell is a garbage commissioner. Don't change the kickoff

#17 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

This man needs to go

#18 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

So basically, if a team has a very good passing game, there's the potential in this proposed rule for an opposing team to literally not even touch the ball for 99% of the game. Worst idea I've ever heard.

#19 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

I actually like it but it's too far back. Move it to the 35 or 40.

I disagree. I think a 4th and 15 is easier to complete than an inside kick recovery and that would put them too close to FG range.

#20 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Man, that would be absolutely awesome and I'm pretty sure the players would be fully behind it... Well, everyone except Devin Hester.

I admit, it would feel kind of like watching a game of Madden, but that would be so much more exciting... Even more than the old kickoffs, mainly because it requires coaches to use strategy and exercise some sort of decision making each time rather than just kicking it off and getting ready for defense - which is usually what happens now and even before. Only person really concerned with kickoffs is ST coaches.

I also think it could be much more exciting than the current or old system in regards to potential for more points scored combined. I would really like them to implement it and see where it goes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: panthers, kickoff, coin toss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users