This man needs to go

#18 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

So basically, if a team has a very good passing game, there's the potential in this proposed rule for an opposing team to literally not even touch the ball for 99% of the game. Worst idea I've ever heard.

#19 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

I actually like it but it's too far back. Move it to the 35 or 40.

I disagree. I think a 4th and 15 is easier to complete than an inside kick recovery and that would put them too close to FG range.

#20 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,659 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Man, that would be absolutely awesome and I'm pretty sure the players would be fully behind it... Well, everyone except Devin Hester.

I admit, it would feel kind of like watching a game of Madden, but that would be so much more exciting... Even more than the old kickoffs, mainly because it requires coaches to use strategy and exercise some sort of decision making each time rather than just kicking it off and getting ready for defense - which is usually what happens now and even before. Only person really concerned with kickoffs is ST coaches.

I also think it could be much more exciting than the current or old system in regards to potential for more points scored combined. I would really like them to implement it and see where it goes.

#21 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,659 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

So basically, if a team has a very good passing game, there's the potential in this proposed rule for an opposing team to literally not even touch the ball for 99% of the game. Worst idea I've ever heard.

But, if you have a really good defense and a solid running game, you have huge potential to do the keep the ball out of their possession as well and possibly blow them out.

#22 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

But, if you have a really good defense and a solid running game, you have huge potential to do the keep the ball out of their possession as well and possibly blow them out.

So basically this single rule changes the entire game of football and it becomes just a game of who can cheese their punts the most.

No surprise this idiocy was Greg Schiano's idea.

#23 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

Just give it to the team at the 20 for christ sake. This sounds idiotic.

#24 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

Honestly there are injuries every game, but I can't even remember the last time there was a major one on a kick return. I have no idea why they put so much focus on changing them for the sake of injury when the majority of injuries come from simple things like your own team mate rolling over your leg.

#25 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

Honestly there are injuries every game, but I can't even remember the last time there was a major one on a kick return.

me neither

#26 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,659 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

So basically this single rule changes the entire game of football and it becomes just a game of who can cheese their punts the most.

No surprise this idiocy was Greg Schiano's idea.

I admit, I think it does make it almost an entirely different game. Part of me thinks it is really exciting, but it's hard to imagine eliminating an entire part of the game. How would returns both past and present be tracked?

Honestly, when I read it, I thought it kind of sounded like a rule for the XFL, lol. But, I think people would grow to like it if it was implemented. Do I think it will be? I doubt it.

#27 Panths

Panths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

It's just an interesting concept floated to the commish by none other than our pal greg schiano

#28 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

It's just an interesting concept floated to the commish by none other than our pal greg schiano

Kickoffs are like way more dangerous than unexpectedly crashing the victory formation.

#29 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

well there's that...but even then, just provides even more reason to 1) improve your passing game and 2) score first and 3) have a defense that can cause turnovers just in case.

#30 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,581 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

Only in theory. The 4th and 15 would in reality only be used when the onsides kick would have been.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.