74 replies to this topic

#46 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

i think teams would opt to punt in those situations as often as they do now. 4th and 15 is not something that people tend to try and pass their way out of.

i'm sure chip kelly or someone of his ilk that prefers to take chances in those situations might try more punt fakes or passing for it, but for the most part it would be avoided much like it is today.

Again, it's a different context. If you're in a 4th and 15 hole on a drive, then it's because your offense put you in a hole so obviously you're not going to be confident about going for it.

This would be after a score. It's not a 4th down earned via the defense stopping you. It's not the same type of gamble.

#47 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

I miss football..

#48 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

I think its Goodell's mission to ruin football as we know it... And he's doing a good job of it so far

#49 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

This league will be a dumpster fire in ten years with this guy leading the charge. Games everyday of the week like the NBA, hitting above the ankle and below the hairline illegal, etc. You just watch...this guy is bad news..

#50 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

LOL at the folks acting like Goodell rules the league with an iron fist.

You do realize that he cant do ANYTHING to the game without the consent of the team owners don't you?

But never mind that, carry on with your lynch mob...

#51 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,823 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

Again, it's a different context. If you're in a 4th and 15 hole on a drive, then it's because your offense put you in a hole so obviously you're not going to be confident about going for it.

This would be after a score. It's not a 4th down earned via the defense stopping you. It's not the same type of gamble.

yeah, i guess confidence would be a deciding factor but i still think that more timid coaches (which is the bulk of them in the NFL) would still regularly punt it.

you look at the teams who go for it on 4th and 1 vs. the teams who opt to punt and you will probably have a better idea of who would be punting it away after a TD.

#52 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,823 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

You do realize that he cant do ANYTHING to the game without the consent of the team owners don't you?

it's the owners concerned about injuries to their players and/or lawsuits. the owners are goodell's boss. this was an idea thrown in there by one of the coaches and it's been talked about by the owners as being something that needed to be changed. the kickoff rules were the owners and coaches idea.

goodell hasn't done anything that tagliubue wouldn't have done except for getting better marketing and increasing viewership and the league's profitability.

#53 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

A bad idea is a bad idea...he sucks

#54 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

it's the owners concerned about injuries to their players and/or lawsuits. the owners are goodell's boss. this was an idea thrown in there by one of the coaches and it's been talked about by the owners as being something that needed to be changed. the kickoff rules were the owners and coaches idea.

goodell hasn't done anything that tagliubue wouldn't have done except for getting better marketing and increasing viewership and the league's profitability.

It wont last. Its a bubble waiting to burst.

#55 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

With fewer games on Sunday due to byes and the 3 primetime games, people will lose interest. Its a snowball effect. How many of you have missed a Panther game this year, and didnt care?

#56 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

With fewer games on Sunday due to byes and the 3 primetime games, people will lose interest. Its a snowball effect. How many of you have missed a Panther game this year, and didnt care?

Did you really just try to tie attendance at historically bad Panthers games to Goodells rule changes?

My God son...

You really need to get help.

#57 Chief Keek

Chief Keek

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

I think Goodell has made enough changes to the game already.

#58 beckersteen

beckersteen

Nihilum

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationConcord

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

ehhhh its not a terrible change and it would be safer for the players.

#59 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,303 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

If the kicker can send the ball through the upright on the kickoff from current location...put ball at 15 or 10 versus 20.

#60 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,823 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

A bad idea is a bad idea...he sucks

you seem to be missing the point that it's not his idea.

oh the joys of a closed mind.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: panthers, kickoff, coin toss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.