• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Trying to fix something that is not broken if you ask me. If the players don't want to get injured, stop launching yourself with your head down. You telling me guys can't launch with their heads up? That will be their problem.

#62 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

i want to have Ronda Rousey's children

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

One step closer to flag football.

#63 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,181 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

you seem to be missing the point that it's not his idea.

oh the joys of a closed mind.

Pointless games in England? 17 games a year? His ideas...

#64 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

If Goodell wants to change a rule, make it where you can dress all 53 guys on game day. Or will that cost the league too many dimes?

#65 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Pointless games in England? 17 games a year? His ideas...

was that the topic?

nope. but those two are expanding the market and increases profitability sooooo...

#66 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Trying to fix something that is not broken if you ask me. If the players don't want to get injured, stop launching yourself with your head down. You telling me guys can't launch with their heads up? That will be their problem.

launch with their heads up?

yikes.

and it is broken in that it causes more injuries than at any other point in the game. trying to find a way to cut down on concussions.

#67 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

If Goodell wants to change a rule, make it where you can dress all 53 guys on game day. Or will that cost the league too many dimes?

how will that achieve the goal of cutting down on injuries and concussions?

#68 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

how will that achieve the goal of cutting down on injuries and concussions?

I just don't like seeing my starters play special teams. That would be sufficient for me.

#69 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

One step closer to flag football.

you don't think the game would be more interesting with teams switching from kickoffs to 4th and 15 type situations?

i think it's an upgrade. kickoffs are kind of boring except at maybe the beginning of the game and the 2nd half. rarely were the returns interesting even before the move up to the 35.

more options available and teams would probably be more creative.

#70 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

I just don't like seeing my starters play special teams. That would be sufficient for me.

won't cut down on injuries, though.

fwiw, i do think the rosters should be expanded to the full 53. not sure what the reasoning is in not allowing all 53 to be active.

#71 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

won't cut down on injuries, though.

fwiw, i do think the rosters should be expanded to the full 53. not sure what the reasoning is in not allowing all 53 to be active.

Of course we can't officially say it won't cut down on injuries because it's never been tried before. I think it could possibly cut down on injuries, at least to the starters. Kind of like spreading the hit over the whole roster because it allows for many substitutions throughout the game.

I think the main reason why they don't dress all 53 men, is due to game checks. Of course I don't know how it fully works when it comes to pay (because you are payed if you're on the team). Yet it seems if you don't play, unless your injured, they don't pay you for that game. Just speculation on my end.

#72 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,172 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

I think the main reason why they don't dress all 53 men, is due to game checks. Of course I don't know how it fully works when it comes to pay (because you are payed if you're on the team). Yet it seems if you don't play, unless your injured, they don't pay you for that game. Just speculation on my end.

This is not accurate, inactive players get paid the full game day check, and their full salary...

To expand upon this, I actually do think they should allow all 53 to dress. I actually think the roster should be 53 active 56 inactive.

#73 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,349 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

This is why you need NFL redzone

nice try NFL employee

#74 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

This is not accurate, inactive players get paid the full game day check, and their full salary...

Then they should be allowed to play in the game if they are payed for it. So I believe if Goodell is so gung ho about changing rules, allowing all the players to dress should be at the top of his list.

#75 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,172 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

Then they should be allowed to play in the game if they are payed for it. So I believe if Goodell is so gung ho about changing rules, allowing all the players to dress should be at the top of his list.

I agree, I edited my other post to reflect my opinion on the matter.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: panthers, kickoff, coin toss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.