Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

i need help from people who know shotguns

33 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm looking at a .410 for my wife.

gonna pay a lot for the shells

Posted

She's shot a 12 guage before and that was way too much for her. I was thinking a side by side .410 or 20 gauge

Posted

I got the Mossberg 500 20ga for my wife a couple years ago... It is a great gun...

The one nitpicky thing I am dealing with right now is the safety slide has a screw in it that you can't loosen without a lot of trouble... Hers got loose at one point, so I tightened it... I realized I tightened it too much, and went to loosen it again and realized I couldn't... Gonna have to take a dremel to it now to fix it up...

and no, that second paragraph is not what she said...

Posted

She's shot a 12 guage before and that was way too much for her. I was thinking a side by side .410 or 20 gauge

get her a 20 bro

Posted

or at least a gun with a 410/22lr barrel combo...

Posted

Yeah I've seen a few youth sized 20 gauges

Posted

I've got a 'maverick 88' which is basically a moss 500 only made with Mexican parts in Texas. No frills, and got it brand new less than 200 bucks at the walmart. 18.5" barrel ordering the longer one later.

1 person likes this

Posted

usas12b.jpg

Posted

never said i would rely on it, but its a good scare tactic..

No offense, but with my security weapons I always have a round in the chamber ready to go - no need to do anything more than flick off the safety and pull the trigger.

Posted

No offense, but with my security weapons I always have a round in the chamber ready to go - no need to do anything more than flick off the safety and pull the trigger.

None taken. I'd prefer not to because I have a 2 1/2 yo daughter that gets into everything. I have a few pistols and the only one that stays loaded and chambered is my glock 22 that I carry on a daily basis.

Posted

Actually I have two loaded and chambered.. I put one in a safe place downstairs so that my wife can get to it quickly if I'm not home.

Posted

If I had kids around yes it would definately be a different setup for me