Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falcons 9th home Game...................?

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Hmmm, I don't recall ever saying the Falcons would win the Super Bowl. I did say I believe they will make the Super Bowl. Which means I think they can win 2 games at home, yeah that's a huge stretch. :rolleyes:

Don't be ridiculous and tip toe around it, you want a superbowl win. You know all too well your playoff record as it currently stands. Considering your struggles against sub par teams this year, I would hardly consider anything such as homefield a guarantee. Who predicted the Giants would make that run on the road in the playoffs in 2007?

Sleep on these teams if you like, it will just make the fall even harder.

Posted

LOL @ linking an ESPN Insider article, I could get a more objective opinion on on the Falcons here. Christ, in the first paragraph they marginalize our blow-out against the Giants. The truth is, ESPN doesn't want Atlanta in the SB, heck they don't even want them in the play-offs.

So basically you're sticking you fingers in your ears and yelling "La, La, La, I can't hear you." Shocking!

Posted

Don't be ridiculous and tip toe around it, you want a superbowl win. You know your playoff record as it currently stands. Considering your struggles against sub par teams this year I would hardly consider anything a given. Who predicted the Giants would make that run on the road in the playoffs in 2007?

Sleep on these teams if you like, it will just make the fall even harder.

This poo is getting ridiculous. What NFL fan doesn't want a Super Bowl win?? Are there any Panther fans here who would forgo winning the Lombardi? The fact is, you insisted that I said Atlanta is winning the Super Bowl this season and that's just not the case.

I am also well aware of our recent play-off woes. If for no other reason, fans like yourself remind me of it daily. I'm not sure what kind of response you expected, maybe something like 'Atlanta had another great season 13 wins and HFA, time to start talking draft' then you and the other bitter, butt-hurt Panther fans wouldn't take it so personally.

After all the grief and abuse I have taken here, you all better hope the Falcons fall short. If the unthinkable happens, I'm gonna go insane up in here calling all the haters out, for a year straight.

Posted

So basically you're sticking you fingers in your ears and yelling "La, La, La, I can't hear you." Shocking!

Did you even read the article? It says we won more games than their 'computer program' predicted and that's a gage that the Falcons have no shot. They also said that the Giants win basically doesn't count, because we only beat them once. Well, here's a shocker, we only played their asses once.

ESPN has an east coast bias that every Panther fans would readily admit to if the roles were reversed.

Continue the hate....

Posted

This poo is getting ridiculous. What NFL fan doesn't want a Super Bowl win?? Are there any Panther fans here who would forgo winning the Lombardi? The fact is, you insisted that I said Atlanta is winning the Super Bowl this season and that's just not the case.

I am also well aware of our recent play-off woes. If for no other reason, fans like yourself remind me of it daily. I'm not sure what kind of response you expected, maybe something like 'Atlanta had another great season 13 wins and HFA, time to start talking draft' then you and the other bitter, butt-hurt Panther fans wouldn't take it so personally.

After all the grief and abuse I have taken here, you all better hope the Falcons fall short. If the unthinkable happens, I'm gonna go insane up in here calling all the haters out, for a year straight.

Oh come on with the pity, I'm not mad at you for wanting to win the Superbowl.

Honestly man for the longest time I always disliked the Saints far more than any other team in the NFC South. That gradually began to change the last few years with the influx of your boys trotting around like the Dirty Birds are some dynasty in the making (only if the regular season counted huh!?) and your sh*t doesn't stink.

Posted

Did you even read the article? It says we won more games than their 'computer program' predicted and that's a gage that the Falcons have no shot. They also said that the Giants win basically doesn't count, because we only beat them once. Well, here's a shocker, we only played their asses once.

ESPN has an east coast bias that every Panther fans would readily admit to if the roles were reversed.

Continue the hate....

The article is rightfully pointing out that the Falcons have had a pretty favorable schedule, and squeaked out wins against teams that aren't very good, so their 12-2 record is inflated and could be a bad sign for them come playoff time when there is less room for error. And they are actually using facts when coming up with logic. It's not as if Chris Berman and Skip Bayless were the ones doing the research, it's Football Outsiders, a group that has their own website and has been around before their partnership with ESPN. The fact though that this statement doesn't resonate at all with you is pretty telling.

Some people reading this (many of them, no doubt, residing in the 404 area code) will insist that the Falcons have the best record in the NFC, and that means they're the best team in the NFC, fancy computer numbers be damned. Even those readers, though, should take caution and not get overly excited by one game.

PS - You'd be posting the link and trumpeting it to the sky if their metrics suggested they were Super Bowl bound.

Posted

PS - You'd be posting the link and trumpeting it to the sky if their metrics suggested they were Super Bowl bound.

This is where you fail, I have never in my 7 or so years being on the Huddle(both Panthers and Carolina) linked any article regarding anything. Here's the deal, I ignore what those asshats have to say or write.

I don't watch ESPN, or FNiA. I do enjoy several programs that are on the NFLN(Gameday Morning being the best), as long as Heath Evans or LaConfora are not on them.

I have no use for agenda driven media.

Posted

Very impressive, like I said before, those guys are a different animal when they play at home. As you know, this won't be the case if the play the Falcons. They have an unimpressive road record(3-5) and have yet to win a game in a dome.

They're also gonna be without a starting CB who will start serving a 4 game suspension next week. I don't see them stopping White, Jones and Gonzo when they're short handed in the secondary.

I still think the only team that could win in Atlanta is the Packers. If for no other reason, AR can get hot and we might not be able to match them score for score.

I know you don't follow the Seahawks, so I will excuse your ignorance, but just take a look at the Seahawks second half of the season and tell me why we can't win in Atlanta, the second the Hawks opened up a playbook for Wilson, we have been as hot as any team in the league. Take a second and watch Russell Wilson play, the Falcons defense is nowhere near where the niners are defensively. Should be a good one. But the Seahawks are primed for the playoffs.

Posted

I know you don't follow the Seahawks, so I will excuse your ignorance, but just take a look at the Seahawks second half of the season and tell me why we can't win in Atlanta, the second the Hawks opened up a playbook for Wilson, we have been as hot as any team in the league. Take a second and watch Russell Wilson play, the Falcons defense is nowhere near where the niners are defensively. Should be a good one. But the Seahawks are primed for the playoffs.

Yes, I do think the Falcons can beat the Seahawks in Atlanta, particularly if they have to play at Washington the week before, that's a whole lot of travel. The Falcons have lost 3 games at home in the last 3 seasons, we are undefeated at home this year. The Seahawks are 3-5 on the road this year, for whatever reason they are not a very good road team.

The Seahawks, they don't play well in domes. They're 0-3 this season when playing in a dome, losing to the Lions, Cardinals and Rams(hardly world beaters). I also think losing a starting CB to suspension will also provide a challenge to the Seahawks secondary when playing Atlanta. I don't believe you cover Jones, White and Gonzo for 60 minutes. They would have to blitz heavily and Ryan has insane numbers when being blitzed.

I can't honestly recall the last time Seattle beat the Falcons. I know they have never beat a Ryan led Falcons team.

In the end for me it comes down to the QBs and coaching. Atlanta wins both of those.

So to sumerize...

Possibly over 5000 miles in travel

Playing a rested team

Playing on the road(3-5)

Playing in a dome(0-3)

Falcons undefeated at home

Missing a starting CB

Ryan>Wilson

Posted

Just look around at most of the Falcon posters here and you will see it is like talking to a wall.

Half of them won't even come back after a loss. You certainly cannot expect objectivity.

1 person likes this

Posted

You certainly cannot expect objectivity.

Yeah, because nothing says objectivity like the responses you get on the Huddle if you're not a Panthers fan.

Seriously, here's some gems I can recall.

'Eat my poo'

'Blow your father'

'Falcons suck'

'One and done'

'Ryan's neck'

Etc, etc, etc

If the Panthers were 13-2, everyone of you guys would be saying the exact same thing I am. It's obvious why you guys are vehemently denying the fact that Atlanta has a good team. That would be jealousy.

True Story!!

Posted

Yeah, because nothing says objectivity like the responses you get on the Huddle if you're not a Panthers fan.

Seriously, here's some gems I can recall.

'Eat my poo'

'Blow your father'

'Falcons suck'

'One and done'

'Ryan's neck'

Etc, etc, etc

If the Panthers were 13-2, everyone of you guys would be saying the exact same thing I am. It's obvious why you guys are vehemently denying the fact that Atlanta has a good team. That would be jealousy.

True Story!!

Oh don't be a baby, you are in Smack Central. Come on Blanks let's not pretend that if I went to your board or any rival for that matter that I wouldn't hear those exact sort of responses from atleast a few people posting there.

If you would take your homer glasses off once in awhile you could actually have intelligent conversations.