Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Answer to the revolving door at kicker?

19 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Okay so I know we have far more problems than a kicker, but it seems like since Kasay left the door hasn't stopped revolving.... maybe this kid can help?

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--kicking-it-in-america--how-cairo-santos-turned-a-one-year-stay-into-a-possible-career-in-the-nfl--204057211.html"]http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--kicking-it-in-america--how-cairo-santos-turned-a-one-year-stay-into-a-possible-career-in-the-nfl--204057211.html[/url]

As a junior this season, he made all 21 of his attempts, including a 57-yarder – the longest field goal in Tulane history.
"He has such a fluent swing," says University of Florida kicker Caleb Sturgis, who has known Santos since high school. "It's amazing how much power he gets into each kick."
And with those stats and that leg – he says he has hit a 70-yard field goal "with a huge wind supporting me" – he's got a shot at a pro career. Things could not have gone better for Cairo in America.

Posted · Report post

I'd take a flier if at all possible.. yes

Posted · Report post

The importance of a good but even more than that, confident kicker, iee between winning an important game and simply shaking ur head at the final score. Who knew.

Posted · Report post

4th rounder.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam' timestamp='1354893934' post='2035321']
I'd take a flier if at all possible.. yes
[/quote]

fug a flier. Entrench this boy on the field at BOA stadium.

Posted · Report post

I'd honestly rather take a legit kicker in the 2nd round than another Armanti Edwards

Posted · Report post

With kickoffs going away we don't need a kicker. Let's just go for it if in field goal range and 2 point conversions.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zod' timestamp='1354899118' post='2035426']
With kickoffs going away we don't need a kicker. Let's just go for it if in field goal range and 2 point conversions.
[/quote]

If kickoffs go away the math might not be far off from supporting this.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Kral' timestamp='1354910274' post='2035660']

If kickoffs go away the math might not be far off from supporting this.
[/quote]
[/quote]

True story

Posted · Report post

Ryan Succuop was Mr. Irrelevant. He kicked right in the Carolinas but held on to ol Lefty..it was time then to make this move when Rhys Loyd had to be brought in.

Nate Keading is availible after his injury and is a good kicker ...dispite the playoff misses.

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

So the XFL was ahead of their time?? HE HATE KICKOFFS!

Posted · Report post

Kickoffs aren't going away just because Schiano thinks it's a good idea.