charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

I had this idea during the night.

What about Lojack for Children and the Elderly?

They do it for cars and computers. Why not chlsdren and the elderly?

An elderly person goes missing from a nursing home? BANG! Lojack will spot them in hours if not minutes!

A child goes missing? BANG! Cut way down on missing and/or abducted children! Predators would be caught!

I know that the ACLU would argue that it's too invasive. But if you have a child, would you suscribe to the service like you do for cars and computers?

Maybe a Lithion powered microchip implanted or a bracelet. (Trouble is, a bracelet could be removed.) Or a pill you swallow and have to be replaced once a year.

#2 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,837 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

wasn't that long ago when there were people wanting to chip all new borns for pretty much the same reason you bring up. I'm actually thinking it might not be a terrible idea.

#3 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,424 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

There's also a niche for a temporary lowjack for when you're drunk and out on the town.

#4 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

How about execs who travel to South America? Or sea crews in Somali waters? Teens who travel to Aruba!

"Lojack. When your life depends on it!"

I should write the company.

#5 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,276 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

sLojack ©

#6 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 11,954 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

We came up with a version to use on your stable of bitches called the Hojack. Helps you track where yo bitches be workin, and makin sure they don't be slackin.

#7 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,837 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

I bet anyone who's ever had a missing child would approve of this technology in a heartbeat

#8 sharkkiller

sharkkiller

Inconceivable

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSanto Domingo

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Not a bad idea. As for logistics of how to implement, that could be troublesome. Implants would be rejected as to invasive, and you would eventually end up with them implanted in a majority of adults once the kids grow up. This could be a concern for privacy.

Jewelry of some type might be OK, but as was stated it can be removed. If that route is used, please for the love of god, don't make it light up or beep when activated.

"Alright Timmy now that...........wtf......why is your bracelet blinking a red light and beeping........you little bastard....." Dead kid.

For the elderly, a bracelet would be perfect. They are not usually kidnapped, just wander off. Kids would be tougher. Maybe something that could be attached to the skin semi-permanently above the hairline or behind the ear that can be activated from anywhere. Nothing implanted, just stuck on with really good glue or something....lol. Maybe derived from the stuff barnacles use to attach themselves.

#9 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

what are we powering this constantly transmitting, semi-permanent/implanted, radio transmitter with?

#10 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,889 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

what are we powering this constantly transmitting, semi-permanent/implanted, radio transmitter with?

hopes and dreams

marketing passive RFID that's powered by the reader for human implantation is much more plausible. it has been tried and the highest level player in that market (verichip) went tits up two years ago. not to mention that the alex joneses of the world and civil libertarian groups were going ballistic.

#11 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

hopes and dreams

marketing passive RFID that's powered by the reader for human implantation is much more plausible. it has been tried and the highest level player in that market (verichip) went tits up two years ago. not to mention that the alex joneses of the world and civil libertarian groups were going ballistic.

and that would only identify your kid if they showed up at the pound.

#12 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,889 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

and that would only identify your kid if they showed up at the pound.

"so the police will be able to make a positive ID on my remains after my abductors have dismembered me? where do i sign up"

#13 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

hopes and dreams

1) It would not be mandatory. You'd have to pay for the service. So therefore, the "evasive" argument wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

2) No RFID. That requires someone scan it like they do on chips in animals. This would have to be something in pill form maybe. You take it one a year, and a normal person would just "poop" it out in a year and you'd have to renew the contract and get a new "pill". You don't pay for it, the service goes away, so does the "pill".Lithium powered encased in stainless steel.

#14 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

uhhh... you know how long the digestive process takes?

#15 FireMarshallBill

FireMarshallBill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

You'd have to eat an awful lot of cheese and Vicodin for that to take a year to work it's way out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.