Photo
- - - - -

WR's Draft/FA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#13 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

As Cam matures and catches up on timing patterns, all of a sudden, our WR corps will look a lot better.

No need wasting a high pick on a WR in my opinion.

I like our young receivers in Lafell, Gettis (if he can get a coach that will give him a shot) and maybe Adams and Pilares. But none of them look like they'll be strong #1 receivers that coaches will have to gameplan for and double cover. The only reason I think we need a high pick, high potential receiver (if not this year, next) is because Smitty will retire sooner rather than later and I don't want to wait til the year that happens to get his replacement. AJ Greens don't show up every year and dominate their first year in the league.

On a side note, I was glad to see Adams get a couple touches on offense last week. Even though he didn't break any big plays with either of them, both times he looked like he knew what he was doing and was comfortable with his route and handling the ball.

#14 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

All depends on the new coaching staff, I am assuming we will have one.

They might go back to emphasizing the run more. Also, Murphy might stick also.

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

I like our young receivers in Lafell, Gettis (if he can get a coach that will give him a shot) and maybe Adams and Pilares. But none of them look like they'll be strong #1 receivers that coaches will have to gameplan for and double cover. The only reason I think we need a high pick, high potential receiver (if not this year, next) is because Smitty will retire sooner rather than later and I don't want to wait til the year that happens to get his replacement. AJ Greens don't show up every year and dominate their first year in the league.

On a side note, I was glad to see Adams get a couple touches on offense last week. Even though he didn't break any big plays with either of them, both times he looked like he knew what he was doing and was comfortable with his route and handling the ball.

AJ Green may show up in the draft in 2014 (Amari Cooper). Been hearing a lot of experts saying he's better than Green during his same time back in college.

Watkins, Lee and Cooper are all above the 2013 class. I wouldn't mind waiting for one till 2014.

#16 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Cooper is a baller,but i think he is a true freshmen. dude is already the best WR on the #2 team in the country.this team needs another WR bad and we should invest in one early. the QB cannot make anybody look good, if the WR cant get open.

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

Cooper is a baller,but i think he is a true freshmen. dude is already the best WR on the #2 team in the country.this team needs another WR bad and we should invest in one early. the QB cannot make anybody look good, if the WR cant get open.

Trade back up into the 2nd and get one!!!! That's what I want to do. I don't care about investing the future.

Woods, Patterson, Rogers, Hopkins and Patton should all be there in the 2nd.

#18 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

If Lee and Cooper really are that good, I wouldn't mind waiting til next year and planning to pull an Atlanta (though not to the extremity they paid) and trade up for one of them. 2014 + 2015 1st to move up in the top 10 to grab one. Obviously depends on where our pick is in next year's draft, but ballparking middle of the pack, 2 1sts should be enough to move up high enough to get one of them. Maybe even less.

#19 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

free agent WR's are expensive, and we ain't got no $