49 replies to this topic

#1 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,601 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

Maybe it is false hope, but hope of any kind is better than despair.

Although I don't really want to hire Parcells or Gruden, the underlying message that this is a team that just needs direction, and statistical basis for that feeling has me more optimistic about our future

http://www.footballp...-of-retirement/

The good-natured jabs at Parcells at the beginning of the post underscore two key points: Parcells was in high enough demand that he could wait for the perfect job to open up and he was smart enough to recognize a good opportunity. I’d argue that Carolina is probably the largest sleeping giant (whatever that means) of the last 20 years. Whoever coaches the 2013 Panthers will probably win 8 games without breaking a sweat. True, the NFC South will be tough, but the Panthers have a strong nucleus and will have some high draft picks.

#2 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,003 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

i love everything about this article except gruden.

#3 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,601 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

Never understood the hate on Gruden by some of you guys. The dude can coach some football.

Don't get me wrong, he isn't my first choice, but if it happened I would quickly drink the Kool-Aid.

#4 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Guy fails to realize Gruden isn't that great of coach. Maybe when lined up next to a spare like Rivera, he looks like surf n' turf, but all in all, I want someone hungry and here for the next decade. Not a guy looking to land a huge check & jump into a perfect situation.

Give me Mike Zimmer and lets create our own damn Gruden.

#5 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

The article also illustrates that there is NO problem with this QB running this offense. Even with the trick and bad wrinkles he still throws for more yards when asked to pass than anyone in football. His "down" year isn't one at all. In a lot of ways on a worse team he's been better than his rookie year.

#6 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,101 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

You say no to Gruden but want Mike Zimmer lol.

Yeah no more defensive coordinator to head coach experiments here please.

Good read btw.

#7 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,954 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

An interesting take. I like it :)

#8 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,297 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

great read...but what is he thinking that parcells would want to do here? coach? GM? run the show?

don't particularly want parcells. don't want gruden unless he's grown up and is less of a putz than he was at tampa. as much as i don't want gruden to come, i don't want another DC turning into a HC. i've grown so weary of that it isn't funny. we need to go aggressive. we need to go offensive.

love the article, tho. "the biggest sleeping giant of the last 20 years". love it.

once this team figures out how to win, it's not going to stop.

#9 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

I'm a big on Parcells, Caughlin and those type of coaches.....Parcells is a winner...and will put his foot up players' a$$es...which is what this team needs

#10 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

I like the agressive part razor but id love a rough defense and an old school run game. bring double trouble back to life

#11 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,260 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

If it came down to it and Gruden actually gets an interview I would support him 110% for the job. People can say what they want but he can coach football.

#12 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

But im definatly on board for NOT bringing in another ex DC

#13 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,601 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

great read...but what is he thinking that parcells would want to do here? coach? GM? run the show?

don't particularly want parcells. don't want gruden unless he's grown up and is less of a putz than he was at tampa. as much as i don't want gruden to come, i don't want another DC turning into a HC. i've grown so weary of that it isn't funny. we need to go aggressive. we need to go offensive.

love the article, tho. "the biggest sleeping giant of the last 20 years". love it.

once this team figures out how to win, it's not going to stop.

And I agree with the article. When I look at this team I feel like we have all the parts to be a Lamborghini but for some reason when we put it together we get a Volkswagen Beetle.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,297 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

I like the agressive part razor but id love a rough defense and an old school run game. bring double trouble back to life

old school is a nice idea, but i don't know how competitive it can be long term. the team has to be able to put a ton of points on the board and do it quickly and often.

i like splitting up the running game the way we do. it bothers me that we have so much money tied up in RBs, but it doesn't bother me that we haven't had a 100 yard rusher in a while. i don't care who gets the rushing yards or TDs as long as they are there.

i do want a nasty D. i want the aggressive offense and defense that rivera promised.

#15 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

old school is a nice idea, but i don't know how competitive it can be long term. the team has to be able to put a ton of points on the board and do it quickly and often.

i like splitting up the running game the way we do. it bothers me that we have so much money tied up in RBs, but it doesn't bother me that we haven't had a 100 yard rusher in a while. i don't care who gets the rushing yards or TDs as long as they are there.

i do want a nasty D. i want the aggressive offense and defense that rivera promised.

We have arguably the best running QB in the league (at least top 3), two of the highest paid backs in the league, and a fullback nominated for the pro bowl. Results? We're ranked 17th in the league.

There is little that I like about our run game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com