49 replies to this topic

#11 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationRaleigh NC
HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

If it came down to it and Gruden actually gets an interview I would support him 110% for the job. People can say what they want but he can coach football.

#12 The Huddler

The Huddler

#BringHardyBack

• Location@TheHuddler2
SUPPORTER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

But im definatly on board for NOT bringing in another ex DC

#13 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

great read...but what is he thinking that parcells would want to do here? coach? GM? run the show?

don't particularly want parcells. don't want gruden unless he's grown up and is less of a putz than he was at tampa. as much as i don't want gruden to come, i don't want another DC turning into a HC. i've grown so weary of that it isn't funny. we need to go aggressive. we need to go offensive.

love the article, tho. "the biggest sleeping giant of the last 20 years". love it.

once this team figures out how to win, it's not going to stop.

And I agree with the article. When I look at this team I feel like we have all the parts to be a Lamborghini but for some reason when we put it together we get a Volkswagen Beetle.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

I like the agressive part razor but id love a rough defense and an old school run game. bring double trouble back to life

old school is a nice idea, but i don't know how competitive it can be long term. the team has to be able to put a ton of points on the board and do it quickly and often.

i like splitting up the running game the way we do. it bothers me that we have so much money tied up in RBs, but it doesn't bother me that we haven't had a 100 yard rusher in a while. i don't care who gets the rushing yards or TDs as long as they are there.

i do want a nasty D. i want the aggressive offense and defense that rivera promised.

#15 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

old school is a nice idea, but i don't know how competitive it can be long term. the team has to be able to put a ton of points on the board and do it quickly and often.

i like splitting up the running game the way we do. it bothers me that we have so much money tied up in RBs, but it doesn't bother me that we haven't had a 100 yard rusher in a while. i don't care who gets the rushing yards or TDs as long as they are there.

i do want a nasty D. i want the aggressive offense and defense that rivera promised.

We have arguably the best running QB in the league (at least top 3), two of the highest paid backs in the league, and a fullback nominated for the pro bowl. Results? We're ranked 17th in the league.

There is little that I like about our run game.

#16 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

David shaw or bill O'Brien. Complete pipe dreams though

#17 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

We have arguably the best running QB in the league (at least top 3), two of the highest paid backs in the league, and a fullback nominated for the pro bowl. Results? We're ranked 17th in the league.

There is little that I like about our run game.

it's the playcalling and the game planning.

the problem isn't the guys running the ball. it's not the split between them. it's how they are being used.

#18 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• LocationSan Diego
SUPPORTER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

Damn that article is saying what we all know. We are a good coach away from being good-great. Even with Hurney's blunders and RR's ineptness, we have shown that from a talent-performance standard, we have what it takes to be a playoff team. Heat your heart out PFFL.

#19 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

I love David Shaw, to me he is the best and only legitimate option for this team. But i do agree it is a long shot. I just hold on to the fact that JR said it is pretty much now or never because if its not it wont be in his lifetime. If he is really serious about bringing a championship here this is the kind of move you have to make. So i will just hold on to that notion and wont rule it completely out.

#20 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Somebody get David Shaws email and send the article to him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users