Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

David shaw or bill O'Brien. Complete pipe dreams though

#17 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,604 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

We have arguably the best running QB in the league (at least top 3), two of the highest paid backs in the league, and a fullback nominated for the pro bowl. Results? We're ranked 17th in the league.

There is little that I like about our run game.

it's the playcalling and the game planning.

the problem isn't the guys running the ball. it's not the split between them. it's how they are being used.

#18 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,731 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

Damn that article is saying what we all know. We are a good coach away from being good-great. Even with Hurney's blunders and RR's ineptness, we have shown that from a talent-performance standard, we have what it takes to be a playoff team. Heat your heart out PFFL.

#19 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

I love David Shaw, to me he is the best and only legitimate option for this team. But i do agree it is a long shot. I just hold on to the fact that JR said it is pretty much now or never because if its not it wont be in his lifetime. If he is really serious about bringing a championship here this is the kind of move you have to make. So i will just hold on to that notion and wont rule it completely out.

#20 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,818 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Somebody get David Shaws email and send the article to him.

#21 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

Interesting

#22 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,044 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Good read, overall we don't have a talent problem - we just need to harness what we've got.

#23 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,044 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

great read...but what is he thinking that parcells would want to do here? coach? GM? run the show?

don't particularly want parcells. don't want gruden unless he's grown up and is less of a putz than he was at tampa. as much as i don't want gruden to come, i don't want another DC turning into a HC. i've grown so weary of that it isn't funny. we need to go aggressive. we need to go offensive.

love the article, tho. "the biggest sleeping giant of the last 20 years". love it.

once this team figures out how to win, it's not going to stop.

Agree, to get the most out of Cam we need to hire an offense-minded HC.

#24 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,390 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Parcells is a great coach but the man is over 70, maybe 10-15 years ago but not now.
Need someone who can keep up with and pump these guys up, get in their heads and get them motivated. Teach them how to be winners.

#25 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Never understood the hate on Gruden by some of you guys. The dude can coach some football.

Don't get me wrong, he isn't my first choice, but if it happened I would quickly drink the Kool-Aid.

he's a .500 coach who won a SB with Tony Dungy's players.

#26 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

I'd be okay with Gruden but only with a top notch, Monte Kiffin type defensive coordinator. And that's asking a lot.

#27 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

We have arguably the best running QB in the league (at least top 3), two of the highest paid backs in the league, and a fullback nominated for the pro bowl. Results? We're ranked 17th in the league.

There is little that I like about our run game.

I agree, but a dominating run game doesn't get you where it used to unless you have a nasty stingy D like San Fran and you can play clock control.
Robert Griffin the Turd and co. have the top rushing O in the league and they've got 6 wins, despite the media portraying them as undefeated.

#28 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Articles like this only make my hatred for Rivera grow stronger. What a waste.

#29 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

I didn't like Gruden before, but on MNF when he was talking about what a genius Chud is for sticking to a base read option offense and how we needed even more of it, I hate the idea of him coaching the Panthers.

#30 Strawman

Strawman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationKissimmee FL

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

I didn't like Gruden before, but on MNF when he was talking about what a genius Chud is for sticking to a base read option offense and how we needed even more of it, I hate the idea of him coaching the Panthers.

Maybe Gruden was mindfuging Chud to get him to keep running the read option in order to insure Rivera got fired so he could be hired as coach. It's possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com