Photo
- - - - -

An article that gives hope for the future

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#37 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

I just want bill cowher...

#38 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

I have no interest in Parcells or Gruden.

#39 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

HUDDLER

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

We're not smart enough to consider Parcells

#40 grateflday

grateflday

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

I would take Bill Parcells as GM in a heartbeart.

#41 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

HUDDLER

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

I have no interest in Parcells or Gruden.

I can see Gruden but if you wouldn't take Parcells in a heartbeat I have no idea what you are looking for

#42 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

I'm not a big Gruden fan, but he did make gold out of a turd named Rich Gannon. I would like to see what he could do with Cam.

Like someone else said, Parcells would have been great back when we hired George Siefert. I'd rather have Holmgren or Cowher if we go old school.

I'd prefer young blood with passion over anyone, though.

#43 Pantherman

Pantherman

HUDDLER

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

I would take Bill Parcells as GM in a heartbeart.

Hell to the No!! Look at what Paracells did to Miami. He started building for a few years and then left and the Fins fell a part again. The guy can not be trusted in no way shape and forum. We need a GM who going to be a round for many years to come and not just 2-3 years. So Bill is out my friend.

#44 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

Thats why this season has been so disappointing. People say your nuts if you put carolina in the same breath as those teams, but its true, we have the stats to prove it. Get a coach in here with little more than half a brain and turn this sucker around. :sword:

#45 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

Good read, overall we don't have a talent problem - we just need to harness what we've got.

We have some talent problems but are clearly a better team than our record indicates.
One thing I always hated about Hurney is leaving us exposed at one or two positions as with the saftey and cb this year

#46 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

Did you all read the article, it was not suggesting Bill Parcells, it was drawing an analogy of Parcells, why he was successful (ie cleaning up after bad coaches with good personnel) and the situation with Panthers.

I want Cowher, with preferably Cowher's heir apparent on staff so the system stays stable.

The man had sustained winning, smart enough to have good coordinators around him, and a Ring, hello a ring, and I don't want anyone saying '....but but but it took him xx years to get it....' For people who say that, do you know how many great coaches
DONT get rings, start with Marty Shottenheimer, George Allan, and Andy Reid.

The Panthers have lacked toughness ever since they came into the league on both sides of the ball.

It's time for that to change.

I dont' really care what offense they run, what defense they run, what special teams schemes they run.

I care that they win, play tough football, and aren't on every other teams' highlight reel and laughing stocks on national TV.

After 13 years of losing, I don't want the next 'cindrella' in the college area or yet another unproven Coordinator...not for the 4200 a year in tickets.

#47 grateflday

grateflday

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

Hell to the No!! Look at what Paracells did to Miami. He started building for a few years and then left and the Fins fell a part again. The guy can not be trusted in no way shape and forum. We need a GM who going to be a round for many years to come and not just 2-3 years. So Bill is out my friend.

When I said "I would take Parcells in a heartbeat" I did so knowing it wouldnt be a long term solution, and why I dont think it would happen. Parcells is great at purging the sh*t, turning franchises around and getting them on the right track, and that is what this team needs. They really needed someone like this when Fox left. Even with the Dolphins it wasnt him, it was the guys after he left. Again, i dont see it happening and understand wanting a longer term solution.

#48 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

Did you all read the article, it was not suggesting Bill Parcells, it was drawing an analogy of Parcells, why he was successful (ie cleaning up after bad coaches with good personnel) and the situation with Panthers.

I want Cowher, with preferably Cowher's heir apparent on staff so the system stays stable.

The man had sustained winning, smart enough to have good coordinators around him, and a Ring, hello a ring, and I don't want anyone saying '....but but but it took him xx years to get it....' For people who say that, do you know how many great coaches
DONT get rings, start with Marty Shottenheimer, George Allan, and Andy Reid.

Steve Fisher and or Chuck Pegano would have been nice. I agree with you but there are others without rings