Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rubi

David Shaw

36 posts in this topic

Well this isn't happening, so please get a new #1

Gus Bradley may be the best we can hope for, going by the past hiring practices of JR. If he is the hire Im good with it.

Selecting a well respected professional for the Panther's GM would go a long way towards dramatically increasing the quantity and quality of coaches willing to consider Carolina for their next job.

If we went the college route, he's the only guy I'd consider.

Given his resume, I'd probably put him in my top 5. He's a lot like Harbaugh at this point, he's more of the NFL mold than college.

I would hope he is, at the very least, being considered- if not one of our top choices

The issue is he's the top choice of about 5 or 6 teams.

I really hope he ends up being at the top of JR's list for potential coaches...here's why---->

2011 PAC12 Coach of the Year

2012 PAC12 Coach of the Year

NFL experience

Head Coaching experience

QB and WR coaching experience

Pro style offense at Stanford

Physical defense at Stanford

Played a roll in Luck's development

Coached under Harbaugh (who has a clue)

Making this type of hire (college ranks) could be a good risk for this organization. Time to think outside the box one time JR and take a chance because what you've done so far has only produced 4 winning seasons. Lets venture down the road less traveled...could be gold at the end of it

I'm not anywhere near convinced this guy would be a good choice for our HC position.

As far as I'm concerned the Stanford program is still enjoying the post Jim Harbaugh honeymoon.

It smells to me like the two years it took for Barry Switzer to screw up the Cowboys post Jimmy Johnson as an example.

Where has Shaw taken a Program that is one of the worst in it's league (Like the Panthers are) and made them a force to be reckoned with?

Or even rode the wave of a successful Program down the roller coaster to average and back up to the top again?

would you guys keep chud as oc if shaw gets the job?

no

I'm not anywhere near convinced this guy would be a good choice for our HC position.

As far as I'm concerned the Stanford program is still enjoying the post Jim Harbaugh honeymoon.

It smells to me like the two years it took for Barry Switzer to screw up the Cowboys post Jimmy Johnson as an example.

Where has Shaw taken a Program that is one of the worst in it's league (Like the Panthers are) and made them a force to be reckoned with?

Or even rode the wave of a successful Program down the roller coaster to average and back up to the top again?

Who would your guy be? Name an example of a guy who's available that repaired a program

I want a winner

Who would your guy be? Name an example of a guy who's available that repaired a program

I want a winner

Already made my case.

would you guys keep chud as oc if shaw gets the job?

Not just no.

Hell no.

Better ask Marc Ross what he thinks.