#16 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Don't have time for on the job training anymore.

That's why I prefer somebody who has already been a HC before. Whether that be a college guy or retread we will soon find out.

#17 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

That's why I prefer somebody who has already been a HC before. Whether that be a college guy or retread we will soon find out.

Exactly.

#18 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

I agree we should find someone who's been a head coach (at any level) or a right hand man in the NFL (AHC). Not many people factor the latter in buts its important to consider imo

#19 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,289 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

If JR didn't know who Jim Harbaugh was, he damn sure isn't going to know who Shaw is.

Hopefully he puts the pie charts away and listens to those who are actually in with the times.

#20 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,025 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

If JR didn't know who Jim Harbaugh was, he damn sure isn't going to know who Shaw is.

Hopefully he puts the pie charts away and listens to those who are actually in with the times.

I'm sure Mr. Richardson knew who Jim Harbaugh was. I think Harbaugh price was just too deep for Richardson. If Richardson take the easy or cheap way out again (Defensive Coordinator) and it doesn't work he could lose his fan base. It's time to get serious for this franchise. He has to open up and do what he got to do.

#21 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Yeah I would like this hire a lot...doesn't look like he would take s*** from anyone.

#22 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,615 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

If you honestly believe that JR didn't know who Harbaugh was then you are delusional. That was more of a tongue in cheek response than anything else.

#23 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,786 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

harbaugh just wasn't going to come here. people need to let it go.

miami was the only team on the east coast that was reportedly a serious contender for him and they were breaking the bank with their offer. he still said no.

#24 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Well this isn't happening, so please get a new #1

#25 Strawman

Strawman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationKissimmee FL

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

Well this isn't happening, so please get a new #1

Gus Bradley may be the best we can hope for, going by the past hiring practices of JR. If he is the hire Im good with it.

#26 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,328 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Selecting a well respected professional for the Panther's GM would go a long way towards dramatically increasing the quantity and quality of coaches willing to consider Carolina for their next job.

#27 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

If we went the college route, he's the only guy I'd consider.

Given his resume, I'd probably put him in my top 5. He's a lot like Harbaugh at this point, he's more of the NFL mold than college.

#28 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,524 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

I would hope he is, at the very least, being considered- if not one of our top choices

#29 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,676 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

The issue is he's the top choice of about 5 or 6 teams.

#30 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,854 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

I really hope he ends up being at the top of JR's list for potential coaches...here's why---->

2011 PAC12 Coach of the Year
2012 PAC12 Coach of the Year
NFL experience
Head Coaching experience
QB and WR coaching experience
Pro style offense at Stanford
Physical defense at Stanford
Played a roll in Luck's development
Coached under Harbaugh (who has a clue)

Making this type of hire (college ranks) could be a good risk for this organization. Time to think outside the box one time JR and take a chance because what you've done so far has only produced 4 winning seasons. Lets venture down the road less traveled...could be gold at the end of it

I'm not anywhere near convinced this guy would be a good choice for our HC position.
As far as I'm concerned the Stanford program is still enjoying the post Jim Harbaugh honeymoon.
It smells to me like the two years it took for Barry Switzer to screw up the Cowboys post Jimmy Johnson as an example.

Where has Shaw taken a Program that is one of the worst in it's league (Like the Panthers are) and made them a force to be reckoned with?
Or even rode the wave of a successful Program down the roller coaster to average and back up to the top again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com