Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Breaking the Taboo: Documentary on Hard Drugs

19 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/03/us/03prison.html

Criminal correction spending is outpacing budget growth in education, transportation and public assistance, based on state and federal data.

The increases in the number of people in some form of correctional control occurred as crime rates declined by about 25 percent in the past two decades.

Posted

2 robbers got shot trying to rob a guy. What went wrong again?

agreed.

under any circumstance he'd be a right winger legend but since he was defending satan's monkeygrass...

Posted

so those that are in jail now for weed, do they get a retroactive pardon? just in time to add to the unemployment.

unintended consequences yet again. you never know how things will play out.

Posted

so those that are in jail now for weed, do they get a retroactive pardon? just in time to add to the unemployment.

unintended consequences yet again. you never know how things will play out.

I highly doubt anyone gets pardoned, or has their record expunged. What they did was illegal by US and/or state law at the time of their arrest.

Don't get me wrong - I would be stoked if my three felonies were retroactively removed from my record, but I'm not holding out any realistic hope.

Posted

I think, if not released outright, non-violent marijuana offenders should be taken out of dangerous rapey prison and sent to minimum security institutions.

Posted

Good video. Honestly, I'm completely jaded to the whole situation. The data is overwhelming. It won't get fixed until the people that thought 'just say no' was a feasible solution die out.

1 person likes this