35 replies to this topic

#16 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,821 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

No doubt.

Martin has was balling this year.....no way Nakamura earned that job.

Using Gamble as a blitzer isn't why we lost Atl though IMO nor one of the bigger examples of RR'a incompetence

true.

i think coaching decisions are ultimately the reason we lost most of our games...well that and stupid and ill-timed mistakes/brain farts from players, but mostly coaching.

you don't come that close to winning most of your games and not pull it off without it being due to coaching mistakes.

#17 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

having nakamura on the field instead of martin was a big error of judgment.

Okay... but it still doesn't change the fact the players were still in position to make the play. So the playcall, while maybe not something we should ever do again, was not exactly the issue in that case.

#18 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,821 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Okay... but it still doesn't change the fact the players were still in position to make the play. So the playcall, while maybe not something we should ever do again, was not exactly the issue in that case.

agreed. that play, much like this whole season, has been one big clusterf*ck.

too many places to blame, but ultimately it falls on the coaching staff, imo. not the right personnel on the field. not the right play being called for the situation. players not being completely prepared. players lacking confidence. all of that falls on the coaching staff. they can't make the players do the right thing in every play, but i don't think the coaching staff has been setting them up for success, either.

#19 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

having nakamura on the field instead of martin was a big error of judgment.

I was going to say this ^.

Nakamura proved earlier in that game he had absolutely zero ball skills on the td roddy white caught earlier. Sure nakamura had a pick in the game, but just about anyone could have picked that ball in that position.

When we had them pinned deep like that we should have had coverage personnel in, especially at safety. Nakamura completely lacks athleticism, speed and ball skills, these are 3 things Martin has. Makes no sense why martin was not in on the play.

#20 Pazhoosier89

Pazhoosier89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

I have seen nothing that indicates Rivera will be fired at the conclusion of the season. Nothing. Not saying he'll stay, but the idea of
discussing him as if he will be gone for sure isn't smart.

Maybe the fact that the GM that hired him is already gone. Riveras as good as gone in my book and he knows it.

#21 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,821 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

I was going to say this ^.

Nakamura proved earlier in that game he had absolutely zero ball skills on the td roddy white caught earlier. Sure nakamura had a pick in the game, but just about anyone could have picked that ball in that position.

When we had them pinned deep like that we should have had coverage personnel in, especially at safety. Nakamura completely lacks athleticism, speed and ball skills, these are 3 things Martin has. Makes no sense why martin was not in on the play.

yep. it was no secret that nakamura was lacking in the coverage department. so why put him on the field on obvious passing downs in the first place, esp. in that situation?

sure, it was nakamura's fault that he didn't make the play, but it was a play/situation that he shouldn't have been involved in to begin with.

but even getting to that point was on the coaching staff. it was 4th and 1. atlanta's strength was it's offense, esp. in clutch situations. it's weakness, esp. that day, was the D which we had been scoring on a good bit. so what do you do? you give it to the offense.

i'm sorry...but a punt is a bad play in short yardage situations. it's just weak and i hope the next coaching staff has some balls.

#22 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Lame.

#23 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,587 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

the one that had gamble rushing in on that play instead of...i don't know...covering a receiver?

The neg was accidental.

And I've always kind of thought if a guy is out of position once, it's his fault. If he out of position the whole game, it's the coach's fault.

#24 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Kind of like norman playing 9 yards off all game every game?

#25 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,317 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

I have a very simple formula that allows me to know when it's a coaching mistake versus a player mistake:

If, within 5 seconds after the snap of the ball, I'm shouting at the TV, "What he fug is that! Who the fug is coming up with this poo?" That's my clue it's coaching and not player.

#26 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Can you imagine the chaos if Rivera somehow weren't fired?! It would be a tough season to stomach next year- tougher than this one probably.

#27 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,562 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

the right play call was on...........the players didn't execute.

I'll say it once again..........you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.

#28 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,821 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

may have been the right play call...but for the wrong personnel.

if you've for a DB that is a midget and sucks in coverage, don't put him on the field in a situation where he has to cover a WR a foot taller than he is in a clutch situation that will likely decide the game. THAT is a coaching error. when you put chicken poo on the field, you have to take responsibility for it tasting like chicken poo instead of chicken salad.

or something like that.

#29 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,562 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

may have been the right play call...but for the wrong personnel.

if you've for a DB that is a midget and sucks in coverage, don't put him on the field in a situation where he has to cover a WR a foot taller than he is in a clutch situation that will likely decide the game. THAT is a coaching error. when you put chicken poo on the field, you have to take responsibility for it tasting like chicken poo instead of chicken salad.

or something like that.

I understand you have a problem with RR.but in this case you are wrong.

the player should have made the play and didn't. period end of discussion.

Let me ask you a question.....when Godfrey pulled the pick-6 on Moleman was that coaching,

playcalling or just a player making a play?

#30 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

I understand you have a problem with RR.but in this case you are wrong.

the player should have made the play and didn't. period end of discussion.

Let me ask you a question.....when Godfrey pulled the pick-6 on Moleman was that coaching,

playcalling or just a player making a play?

The point is that the player on the field was widely known to be incapable of making the play.

The last few games, Nakamura has only been in the game on running downs, because it finally became obvious to Rivera that he sucks in pass coverage.

it should have been obvious to him from week 3 like it was to everyone else. Rivera had the better player sitting on the bench.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ron Rivera, Panthers coaching

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.