Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I stopped drinking diet soda and energy drinks

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I am done with it, I have to be.

Earlier this year I was 178lbs and had a 16 inch neck and a 31 inch waist, 8% body fat. Recently, I was weighed at 180 and was measured at a 15 inch neck and a 34 inch waist, 18% body fat.

The biggest thing I have been doing is guzzling diet Mountain Dew and sugar

free energy drinks.

I quit cold turkey on Thursday, and I have already lost a couple of pounds, but haven't had the chance to measure.

I am making a post so early because I know it will help me keep my goal of quitting altogether.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I havn't had a soft drink in over 23 months now. Trying to stop sweet tea now(it's been two weeks). I pretty much drink water,coffee, or beer.

Posted · Report post

Time for me to get back to the gym. In april I was at about 205 then I hurt my shoulder. Now im around 190 and have no muscle definition. I hate it!!! Work starts monday!!!

Posted · Report post

Not sure if you're saying the diet sodas are responsible for weight/body fat gain or not, so my post may be irrelevant. But, diet sodas don't cause you to gain weight, and more evidence shows that they can be used to lose weight. I have read before where diet sodas hold in water weight and belly fat specifically though. They can also trigger the consumer to crave sweeter foods.

Not trying to make the case that diet sodas are remotely good for you, and I drink way too many myself, but there isn't really any conclusive data that shows they make you gain weight.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/diet-sodas-and-weight-gain-not-so-fast

Posted · Report post

energy drinks wreck your body with tons of sugar.

Posted · Report post

Diet sodas aren't bad. Energy drinks are horrible for you though. Either way good decision. We all have things we need to cut out.

Posted · Report post

energy drinks wreck your body with tons of sugar.

Man I got addicted to them damn things recently and finally stopped when my heart started beating like crazy. I could hear it in my ears. Bad for the heart too.

Posted · Report post

Diet Sodas are just as harmful as regular. Just as Light Cigs are as unhealthy as full flavors. People see that "Diet" tag and think it's healthier. Nope. All is bad.

Credibility: Lifelong smoker/soda drinker.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

When I switched from regular sodas to diet I lost 10lbs right away. They may not be healthy but they are healthier than regular.

Posted · Report post

When I switched from regular sodas to diet I lost 10lbs right away. They may not be healthy but they are healthier than regular.

This. I used diet soda to help lose about 40 lbs a few years back. Do they have their issues? Obviously. But they are healthier than regular soda.

Posted · Report post

No major soda brand is healthy, diet or not. You fools look silly. They are both EXTREMELY bad for you.

Posted · Report post

No major soda brand is healthy, diet or not. You fools look silly. They are both EXTREMELY bad for you.

Ooooo... Diet soda. I'm scared.

• Masters of PIE !

• Top Rated Images