• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

It is not me that is insecure....it is you.

I agree with this, speaking in general of liberals, not Panthro specifically.

#62 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,168 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

This argument is silly. One side says someone else should pay more. To be fair. Another side says someone should work more or harder to be fair.
But the issue is who decides what is fair and how its even implemented. For some here I don think fair is your goal honestly. Your goal is to prove a point your side or way is better instead of using common sense.
Will higher taxes suddenly make everything right in the US? Will less spending bring more out of poverty? I hate to burst some bubbles but in a democracy you are always going to have winners and losers. Is it fair? Nope.

I know the left gets whiny when people say why don't you cut a check to the treasury but isn't that fair? Not everybody supports PETA but anybody can give to them. Then the right gets mad at higher taxes but some revenue. But they want less spending.
Why can't each side be allowed to do what they think will benefit the greater good? Left gives more out of pocket and the right cuts spending. Ahh but that's not fair. Lol

#63 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,191 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

You achieve success in my world through hard work.....not blaming someone else for what you don't have and expecting someone else to foot the bill.

If you are happy making $50k a year, then that is fine. You've insulted people making that much in the past...even called them failures. It's fine for them but certainly not you.

If you are happy making $100k a year, then that is fine.

I personally don't care how much you make. What is irritating about you is your condemnation for anyone who make more than you. I hold as much condemnation towards the wealthy as you do towards the poor. I'm not jealous of you...which is the really funny part. You actually think people are jealous of you.

You think people don't like you for your money or they are jealous of you. LOL I'll let you in on a secret....it's because you're a pompous maroon.

It is not me that is insecure....it is you. lol Not so sure because...

I prefer to share my money with those who actually need it and are actually working to better their lives. I give tons every year to charities......and I would guarantee you that it is significantly more than your condescending self gives. Pssst this is you being insecure again. It's pretty sad an assistant to the regional CFO can only measure his value to the world, from a monetary standpoint.

I am still waiting for your answer on why you don't write an extra check every month to pay for these entitlement programs that you hold so dear to your heart. What entitlement programs?

#64 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

I don't insult you for how much money you make.....just for how truly ignorant you are.

#65 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,806 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

Thanks everyone for reminding me why I never post in this section

#66 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,475 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

Thanks everyone for reminding me why I never post in this section

Kisses.

#67 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 3,989 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

hey madhatter, worth to society isn't really defined by what you make. no one cares about your meaningless job. when you die, the only people who will care are your immediate friends and family. when, say, the oft-times overrated chomsky dies, plenty of people are going to care, and it's not because of his financial worth. being a "vp" in the business world basically means your life is meaningless to the rest of the world. you contribute nothing to society and instead harm society by desperately seeking to maintain a status quo that exploits the vast majority of americans for your benefit, for fear that you may some day actually be paid what you are worth to the world. and let me tell you something, if your pay was pegged at your social value, you'd quickly change your opinions re: the minimum wage.

#68 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,136 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

LOL...the only thing you leave when you die is your legacy. Aka...your kids. You could teach them that working and earning a living and providing for their children is a good thing...or you can just do what generational welfare recipients are doing now in teaching dependency and how to game the systems.

People have an overexaggerated view of themselves in the social aspects of life.

#69 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,960 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

hey madhatter, worth to society isn't really defined by what you make. no one cares about your meaningless job. when you die, the only people who will care are your immediate friends and family. when, say, the oft-times overrated chomsky dies, plenty of people are going to care, and it's not because of his financial worth. being a "vp" in the business world basically means your life is meaningless to the rest of the world. you contribute nothing to society and instead harm society by desperately seeking to maintain a status quo that exploits the vast majority of americans for your benefit, for fear that you may some day actually be paid what you are worth to the world. and let me tell you something, if your pay was pegged at your social value, you'd quickly change your opinions re: the minimum wage.

You damn sure do care about my job.....because it is my financial success that is paying for all of the entitlements for the likes of you.

Completely disregarding financial success and being able to provide a nice life for your family as "value" is clearly spoken like someone who has achieved neither in his life.

It does not bother me that there are few on here that share my views instead of believing that someone else should pay the bill for even more entitlements in this country. This board is not exactly a Who's Who of Financial Success Stories.

#70 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,960 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

LOL...the only thing you leave when you die is your legacy. Aka...your kids. You could teach them that working and earning a living and providing for their children is a good thing...or you can just do what generational welfare recipients are doing now in teaching dependency and how to game the systems.

People have an overexaggerated view of themselves in the social aspects of life.

Exactly....teaching your kids about personal accountability, hard work, providing for yourself is out of favor. Much easier to teach them to stick out their hand for another entitlement.

Just like the idiots standing behind me at the grocery store a couple weeks ago. Lady was talking about how happy and proud she was of her 23 year old son because his food stamps finally came through. She actually used the word "proud" to describe this situation.

This is what is wrong with this country.

#71 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,191 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

You damn sure do care about my job.....because it is my financial success that is paying for all of the entitlements for the likes of you.

Completely disregarding financial success and being able to provide a nice life for your family as "value" is clearly spoken like someone who has achieved neither in his life.

It does not bother me that there are few on here that share my views instead of believing that someone else should pay the bill for even more entitlements in this country. This board is not exactly a Who's Who of Financial Success Stories.

This is funny,...who said conservative humor was nonexistent

#72 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 3,989 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

your financial success is absolute proof that we do not live in a meritocracy

seriously, nobody gives one poo about the vp of vps of vps outside of your immediate family, and that's only because your dirty money is keeping them alive.

#73 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,191 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

On the weekends madhatter sets up a booth next to the homeless shelter where poor people can come by and personally thank him for being a "success" and paying for everything.

When they leave they realize that a 5-10% increase in his taxes will put him on the street right along side them.

#74 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

Just a question... Are there any conservative mods on this board? Lets see.

Zod, Delhommey, Panthro... Where are the conservatives?

#75 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,563 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

Just a question... Are there any conservative mods on this board? Lets see.

Zod, Delhommey, Panthro... Where are the conservatives?

Kurb...

...and I think you could probably throw Scrum and Jase to the right of center... Hawk too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.