Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should Churches Pay Taxes?

77 posts in this topic

Posted

it's 8:30 in the morning and you're already higher than a goddamn kite

e: props though for abandoning the whole "fairtax isn't regressive as all hell" thing and treading on to "what's wrong with regressivity anyway?" argument

feel free to engage any particular point. the whole "regressive = less of more taxing" is a false premise. it's no wonder that people like you think that a smaller increase in spending equals a cut

Posted

what fuging point are you trying to make? how many times have you brought up ricki lake? it's almost as if you've been spewing lolbertarian talking points verbatim without actually attempting to check the veracity of "your" (by that i mean talk radio's) claims; expecting me to take neil boortz's claims seriously. lol.

Posted

what fuging point are you trying to make? how many times have you brought up ricki lake? it's almost as if you've been spewing lolbertarian talking points verbatim without actually attempting to check the veracity of "your" (by that i mean talk radio's) claims; expecting me to take neil boortz's claims seriously. lol.

I can explain it to you. I can't understand it for you.

Posted

you said that the "fair"tax isn't a sales tax

it sure looks like you can't understand it for yourself, either.

Posted

that's $30 per week per member. most churches ask for 10% as a biblical mandate so that's really not all that outlandish

When I was in prison, the homies wanted 10% of your commissary to be distributed amongst other homies that had no money on their books. Now I know where that figure came from. Sneaky catholic fugs.