76 replies to this topic

#41 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMontford
HUDDLER

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

I wrote up a proposal once for church salaries at my church. My idea was the main minister not make more than 20% of the average member. You index pay for inflation and cost of living every 2 years. They took it and are still doing it.

#42 Niner National

Niner National

HUDDLER

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

I wrote up a proposal once for church salaries at my church. My idea was the main minister not make more than 20% of the average member. You index pay for inflation and cost of living every 2 years. They took it and are still doing it.

The church I went to growing up had a preacher that paid himself $50,000/yr, free house, car. His brother also got $50,000/yr for being the Administrator (appointed by his brother of course). The church only had about 100-120 members. My uncle is the preacher at a church with around the same number of members, maybe a bit more, and he does not pull a real salary. He gets some money, but he still has to work a full time job. Most of the people at the church I went to growing up were not wealthy, so if they were paying $100,000/yr in salary alone, there couldn't be much left on the side to do charity work, which makes sense, because they didn't do any.

#43 boostownsme

boostownsme

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

true social mobility; equal pay and opportunity for all. it doesn't exist here in america.

oh, please tell me more about your dumb sales tax that was dreamed up and advocated by the rich, those who stand to gain an absolute poo-ton through its implementation at the expense of the poor and middle class.

Typical Lib problem. Equal opportunity does exist. Equal results do not.

#44 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

if you do this, try to make it where if a church is to not get taxed that much, make sure its due to putting money or time or talent into groups or for those that need it.

In other words, giving the government authority to use taxation to tell churches how they ought to spend the money given by their members.

You think you can defend that constitutionally?

#45 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

Educate yourself for once in your life:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FairTax

It involves actual reading, but we all have to start somewhere. If you choose to remain ignorant, it is of your own doing. Good luck with that whole critical thinking thing

The FairTax is a tax reform proposal for the federal government of the United States that would replace all federal income taxes (including the alternative minimum tax, corporate income taxes, and capital gains taxes), payroll taxes (including Social Security and Medicare taxes), gift taxes, and estate taxes with a single broad national consumption tax on retail sales.

oh wow the "fair"tax is actually just a sales tax? i definitely didn't know that, and i totally didn't already post that in this very thread

for real though if anyone has some reading to do, it's you

#46 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

Why do you guys think people are proposing to tax all churches at some astronomical rate to shut them down? Do we do that to people? Do the poor pay the same tax rate as the rich? No, so why would poor churches pay the same rate as megachurches?

the same reason they think liberals want to ban all guns (it's what they've been told by monied interests)

#47 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

You sound bitter and jealous that your bad decision making in life has left you with a crappy job and no money.

"you acknowledge that social mobility isn't very good in america? WHAT ARE YOU DUMB AND POOR"

does this standard apply to everyone who has reached the conclusion that social mobility fuging sucks because uh fyi there are plenty of people who agree and have accomplished waayyyy more in their lives than you and your meaningless "work" at "a fortune 500 company"; you know, the "work" that you can't help but to bring up at every opportunity as if anyone gives a fug about the preordained "success" of bourgeois fugs such as yourself

seriously how much research did you do into the topic of social inequality while completing your work in "finance" because i'm guessing somewhere around 0 and yet here you are, acting qualified to talk about something that you clearly cannot even begin to understand (which btw appears to be a trend with you). seriously, if you want to debate the point, at least try to back it up. it's so fuging lazy to counter a well-researched, commonly accepted point with "but nuh uh what are you poor?" remember when i asked you if you cite your papers with something along the lines of (MADHATTER 2012, p. FORGET WHAT PAGE, JUST LOOK AROUND YOU) because i never got an answer; you never, ever, cite any of the dumb poo you post which is really a shame because i'd love to see just how far down the free republic rabbit hole this whole thing goes.

#48 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

oh wow the "fair"tax is actually just a sales tax? i definitely didn't know that, and i totally didn't already post that in this very thread

for real though if anyone has some reading to do, it's you

so your attention span doesn't allow you to read more than a few sentences at a time, or you are outright lying by not reporting all of said facts. which is it? terminally stupid or irreparably devoid of morality?

you don't even have the grace to get page slapped with dignity

#49 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

oh you want more? ok

The tax would be levied once at the final retail sale for personal consumption on new goods and services. Purchases of used items, exports and business-to-business intermediate business transactions would not be taxed. Also excluded are investments, such as purchases of stock, corporate mergers and acquisitions and capital investments. Savings and education tuition expenses would be exempt as they would be considered an investment (rather than final consumption).[51]

yeah this totally wasn't developed by and for the rich nope no way

btw i think it's fuging hilarious when dumbshit libertarians have the gall to not only advocate for the "fair"tax, but to also call people stupid for pointing out its many flaws

#50 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

oh you want more? ok

yeah this totally wasn't developed by and for the rich nope no way

btw i think it's fuging hilarious when dumbshit libertarians have the gall to not only advocate for the "fair"tax, but to also call people stupid for pointing out its many flaws

i'm sure the rich also advocated everyone getting a monthly check for a living expense?
maybe the rich advocated the abolishment of all other taxes rather than simply tack on a sales tax as you've implied?
maybe the rich plan on only buying only used items to avoid said sales tax?
perhaps it is the evil rich white men that seek the horrible ends of killing an entire division of government and its expense (irs) that it incurs?
maybe its those same evil men that seek to implement a system that holds government fiscally accountable for how its citizens do?

i'm sure those just things just slipped by your magnificient comprehension skills. but go on... please continue with you enlightened views

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users