Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sword

Rivera shows emotions at end of press conference.

Sword    44

Just caught a glimpse of the press conference. Person comments that he doesn't seem very emotional about this win. Says he's very exicited then almost breaks down over Thomas Davis still playing after asking him for another shot after three blown knees. Said that's why we play this game and apologized, leaving before showing too much of the real Ron.

This is all paraphrased of course. Hopefully a link will be up later.

Edit: Here's a link.

• Pie 1

Sword    44

Seems kinda forced if the dude started leaking after being called out on being emotionless

He's a good actor then.

Lumps    1,644

showing emotion does not equate to caring but it does have a bigger impact

• Pie 1

Sword    44

As much as I don't really care if he's let go I do know the team hasn't quit yet and that's usually what it takes for ole JR to give the heave ho especially only in year 2 of a 4 year project.

nickzz    1,176

barring any embarassing meltdowns i think he'll be back next season. i'm undecided, it seems like our players make a lot of mental mistakes that could be fixed with good coaching. at the same time, they haven't quit on him at 4-9.

Salvo    1,025

Well, if you subscribe to this notion, it's his first "true" win. He beat a top level team without a scrub QB and/or coach. All the while by not sabotaging our double digit lead.

Is it enough to save his job? Doubt it. Probably has to win out, including against the Saints in NOLA.