Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

why was josh norman benched today

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Jones got playing time at safety? How did Campbell and jones look together?

Posted

If the play call is to give a 10 yard cushion, what should Norman do?

HE WAS BENCHED. Obvs for doing something wrong maybe the cushion was it.

Posted

That 10 yard cushion has been making me sick all year, maybe he was doing that on his own

1 person likes this

Posted

idk about Norman, but Dockery was pretty solid. I noticed him one particular time get off of a good block and make a tackle.

Posted

If Norman was benched for giving up too much cushion, then RR should be fired right now. Today. How the fug do you bench a guy 13 games in, for doing the same thing he has all season? That would make the Bears game even more unacceptable.

2 people like this

Posted

Probably bc teams throw on Norman and pick up easy yards week after week.....

Meanwhile, Captain and Thomas don't allow it to the same degree. He has been the 3rd best overall CB of those 3

Posted

Nakamura wasn't benched why, then?

Posted

This.......guy gives up way too much cushion in coverage.

This makes me seriously wonder about these dudes knowledge of team sports. Especially Jack Of All Trades, cause I respect dude's opinion. If a rookie is giving a cushion, the coach has called that coverage and dictated to the player what he is supposed to do. This is especially true for a physical corner like Norman who plays great man to man, press coverage. No corner in the league is so scared of WR speed that he chooses to play a ten yard cushion. Hell, look at Naka playing thirty yards back. Its just bad scheming. The Bears players all said that even they knew it was the same coverage in that game. Norman is a good player and like all players will look bad when being out-coached.

Posted

I like Norman, I think he has heart and intensity. However, CJ remarked after one game that some guys (in the secondary) hadn't been doing their homework essentially. I'm betting Norman is/was one of these guys. I'm betting this benching was from a lack of professional preparation.

Posted

i willing to put money on him being benched for excessive jaw jacking.

Posted

This makes me seriously wonder about these dudes knowledge of team sports. Especially Jack Of All Trades, cause I respect dude's opinion. If a rookie is giving a cushion, the coach has called that coverage and dictated to the player what he is supposed to do. This is especially true for a physical corner like Norman who plays great man to man, press coverage. No corner in the league is so scared of WR speed that he chooses to play a ten yard cushion. Hell, look at Naka playing thirty yards back. Its just bad scheming. The Bears players all said that even they knew it was the same coverage in that game. Norman is a good player and like all players will look bad when being out-coached.

He does not play great man to man.He has been burned all year long

1 person likes this

Posted

He does not play great man to man.He has been burned all year long