Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Beason be a Panther next year?

99 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't think he's starting unless we move to a 4-3. Anderson Keek and Davis are pretty much the guys on that line. His health has always been an issue these last couple seasons

He would take Anderson;s spot on the line.

1 person likes this

Posted

The real question is will James Anderson still be a Panther next year? That is clearly the only spot Beason could really take as long as Davis stay healthy. If we can get 3-4 full years out of Davis my head/heart will explode with pride. This man will reach Sam Mills level if we can become relevant and he plays the way he has.

1 person likes this

Posted

He has to be healthy first, and hes not even close. Not having surgery till feb. he wont even be ready for mini-camp.

Posted

A lot of you guys are assuming he moves out of the Mike spot. Not sure or willing to assume anything... love Luke and his play, and he's been badass, but what we feel and what the coaches (Chico or whomever is here, next year) may be two totally different things.

This is also assuming he's 100% by next year too. Too many variables to consider. Only thing I can say with certainty is that he will be a Panther next year, due to that enormous contract extension he signed, if nothing else.

Posted

Yay....Hurney.

Posted

There's one other reason that most on here who don't know any better will argue.... Luke is plain, flat-out just not that good in coverage. There's a reason he's on the sidelines a lot in obvious 3rd and long passing situations...

He may improve over time, but right now, fuhggidaboudit

Posted

don't see Anderson on the team next year....we've got to cut some costs. And with a

starting LB corps of Beason-Luke-Davis, there's no room for Anderson.

The good news is, our LB corps is Beason-Luke-Davis. That is scary.

I am so happy to see Davis playing like he has this year. Hope Beason can

come back in the same way next year.

Posted

I hope so

Posted

his cap hit isn't THAT bad, and assuming he comes back full strength (i think he will) he'll be an asset to the team. the defense still needs playmakers and he's definitely one.

i think we make a case for being the best 4-3 LB corps in the league next season.

Posted

Anderson as a rotational guy puts that corps as the best or damn near it in the league. Davis has been the pleasant surprise and hopefully that continues. Get us some back in guys and interior lineman and this D is fine. Problem we need just as much help on our Oline as well.

Posted

There's one other reason that most on here who don't know any better will argue.... Luke is plain, flat-out just not that good in coverage. There's a reason he's on the sidelines a lot in obvious 3rd and long passing situations...

He's been on the field every play since Beason went down...

2 people like this

Posted

While he has struggled some in coverage, he has played very well on some plays as well. It's the weakest part of his game, but it's not from a lack of athleticism or ability. It's just an adjustment. It could also be scheme related, as he may be being coached to be intentionally over aggressive against the run. This would explain his overwhelming propensity on being sucked in on play action.

As to him being out for obvious 3rd and longs.....well that's just flat out wrong. He plays every down.

1 person likes this