#31 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Not cheap at all.

I just don't understand tipping a plummer when he already has his profit built into the quote.

Would you tip your real estate broker, even after they had just received a 5K check from helping you buy a home?

Where does it stop....or does it?

Pizza delivery guy...absolutely.....hair person....sure...garbage man...probably not.

Go out of the way and roll my can back up to my house, and I will re think that, however I have to pick it up off of it's side every Wednesday when I get home from work.

I agree..servers, bartenders..valet..of course..but I'm sorry, I'm not going to tip people that I have no idea who they are

#32 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,558 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

garbage men? really??

I think it is just a neighborhood thing. You put an envelope on the can. Maybe the recycling too.

Generally I am with you though I want preferential treatment for my tip. At my local pub overseas the barman would have my carlsberg poured before I could get to him even if there were 5 people waiting. THAT is what a good tipper should get.

I doubt the garbageman remembers a good tip but i consider it a good holiday act.

#33 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,386 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

Garbage trucks here have mechanical arms that pick up the can and dump it. If I put a tip on it it'd just be dumped in the truck.

Not that I'd tip someone for driving slowly down my street while a machine picks up things.

#34 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,558 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

Garbage trucks here have mechanical arms that pick up the can and dump it. If I put a tip on it it'd just be dumped in the truck.

Not that I'd tip someone for driving slowly down my street while a machine picks up things.

The garbagemen pay special attention the last pickup before Christmas.

These garbagemen aren't dumb

#35 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

exactly! And i'm not implying that they're not doing actual work ...I'm just saying, I'm not going to tip them.

#36 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,287 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

My wife is the only person I'm tipping this holiday season. `

#37 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,480 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Not cheap at all.

I just don't understand tipping a plummer when he already has his profit built into the quote.

Would you tip your real estate broker, even after they had just received a 5K check from helping you buy a home?

Where does it stop....or does it?

Pizza delivery guy...absolutely.....hair person....sure...garbage man...probably not.

Go out of the way and roll my can back up to my house, and I will re think that, however I have to pick it up off of it's side every Wednesday when I get home from work.

Brokers, plumbers, those are different. Sure, technically it's a service, but it's a contract service. I was speaking more towards service and delivery industry. Retaurant/bar staff, hair people, delivery people of all sorts, cleaners, house keepers. Those types.

#38 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

My wife is the only person I'm tipping this holiday season. `

???

Posted Image

#39 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,287 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

??? Posted Image

she'll get more than the tip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.