84 replies to this topic

#31 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

Well you said week 1 could be debated as he completed 70% of his passes with literally no run game 0 yards from RBs.
Week 2 - he dominated. 70% completion
Week 3 - media jumped on him
Week 4- great game at Atl - one we should of won.

That was the first quarter of season.....slump talk was in full swing at that point. One game started it and no one paid attention to why we lost just eagerly jumped on the slump talk.

If you include week 1 that's 2 games out of 4 that he played bad. And weeks 5, 7, and 8 continued it. That was my point. Regardless of when it started, he had at least 4 bad games in the first half of the season.

#32 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

It was always a media created hoax which made for a convenient scapegoat that is the 2012 Carolina Panthers season. Did Cam have some bad games this year? Sure did. But when you look at the big picture and not just a game or 2 you could see Cam wasnt really playing far off from what he did last year, even when he struggled. And this is with less production from his supporting cast.

To put it in perspective, Cam has 6 games this year where he posted a QB rating higher than 100. That ties the most Delhomme ever had in a season in his tenure here including the years we went to the Super Bowl and playoffs. Cam still has a few more games to surpass that mark. He's raised the standards and expectations for QBing in Carolina.

#33 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,308 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Maybe the coaching letting him audible more?

Maybe

#34 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

I do honestly think cams got the best arm in the league.

lol I remember watching ESPN recently and it was one of those shows where old football players sit around and try to act like they know what they are talking about and they got to saying how they all believe RG3 already has the best arm in the league. They are the people that also said today that Andrew Luck had an awesome game today when he only threw for 170 something yards with 1 TD and 2 INTs. How stupid are those guys. sheesh

#35 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,273 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Maybe the coaching letting him audible more?

Exactly.

#36 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,964 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

He probably actually gotten better this year than last year. He only started out slower.

#37 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

Cam definitely has one of the best arms in the league. Rodgers, Cutler, Vick, and Flacco are also up there.

As you can see, arm strength is not always the best indicator of QB ability, but it's obviously good to have a strong arm.

#38 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,393 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

If you include week 1 that's 2 games out of 4 that he played bad. And weeks 5, 7, and 8 continued it. That was my point. Regardless of when it started, he had at least 4 bad games in the first half of the season.

Yes, but as you admitted....it is tough to say a QB played poorly when his RBs have literally 0 yards and he completes 70% of his passes. Being forced to gamble late bc you have zero help isn't poor QB play. 3 good vs 1 bad.

#39 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,393 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

It was always a media created hoax which made for a convenient scapegoat that is the 2012 Carolina Panthers season. Did Cam have some bad games this year? Sure did. But when you look at the big picture and not just a game or 2 you could see Cam wasnt really playing far off from what he did last year, even when he struggled. And this is with less production from his supporting cast.

To put it in perspective, Cam has 6 games this year where he posted a QB rating higher than 100. That ties the most Delhomme ever had in a season in his tenure here including the years we went to the Super Bowl and playoffs. Cam still has a few more games to surpass that mark. He's raised the standards and expectations for QBing in Carolina.

In addition to those QB ratings....in 8 of 13 games he has more rushing yards than any of our RBs. That is sad.....horrible spot to put such a young QB in

#40 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,678 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

The game is slowing down for him. He's reading defenses better. He's developing better chemistry with his receivers than in the beginning of the year

#41 Shonuff

Shonuff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

I don't post here often but stated it a while back. Cam is playing much better this year, he's actually had to play QB versus using a host of gimmick plays. I think Chud is adjusting, calling better plays, etc. I think they stuck with their initial game (season) plan (heavy read option) too long on the offensive side of the ball. It confused Cam a little, plays took too long to develop and Cam went into sack and scramble mode. Neither Stew or Angelo are read-option type RBs....it cost the Panthers a shot at the playoffs..

Cam still has trouble with short touch passes but anything across the middle, sideline or downfield is a laser and usually on target. A previous poster stated Cam has the best arm in the league, I disagree, he has the strongest arm which could be the best. A slight improvement in accuracy anbd he'll easily go over 60% completion rate. Can Cam be elite? Yes, let's not kid ourselves, he's got a ways to go just to make the team a playoff contender.

Lastly, if the team goes 2-1 or 3-0, Rivera should get another year...

#42 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,393 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

I don't post here often but stated it a while back. Cam is playing much better this year, he's actually had to play QB versus using a host of gimmick plays. I think Chud is adjusting, calling better plays, etc. I think they stuck with their initial game (season) plan (heavy read option) too long on the offensive side of the ball. It confused Cam a little, plays took too long to develop and Cam went into sack and scramble mode. Neither Stew or Angelo are read-option type RBs....it cost the Panthers a shot at the playoffs..

Cam still has trouble with short touch passes but anything across the middle, sideline or downfield is a laser and usually on target. A previous poster stated Cam has the best arm in the league, I disagree, he has the strongest arm which could be the best. A slight improvement in accuracy anbd he'll easily go over 60% completion rate. Can Cam be elite? Yes, let's not kid ourselves, he's got a ways to go just to make the team a playoff contender.

Lastly, if the team goes 2-1 or 3-0, Rivera should get another year...

Stewart is an option RB....but he needs to be healthy. Even when "healthy" this year he was hurt.

#43 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

If you look at tiny portions of anything.....you can make an argument for almost anything.

Even when his numbers were poor.....Cam didn't look like he took a step back IMO. Same guy, stats always fluctuate for many reasons.

Run game and OL protection have hampered him more than him really slumping personally.....and Chud being a retard.

if I have to explain offensive game plan management to you one more time, I think I'm going to freak out.

Weeks 1-10 is not a small portion of the season it's freakin 2/3 of it and 3/4 of the games played so far, I know this destroys your argument but at least be intellectually honest enough to admit you are wrong.

I have before, use it as a learning experience.

#44 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,393 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

if I have to explain offensive game plan management to you one more time, I think I'm going to freak out.

Weeks 1-10 is not a small portion of the season it's freakin 2/3 of it and 3/4 of the games played so far, I know this destroys your argument but at least be intellectually honest enough to admit you are wrong.

I have before, use it as a learning experience.

lol....

simple question, did Newton play poorly the first q of the season or have one bad game?

the point was, Newton never slumped. It was the media jumping on one prime time game and using that to explain all our problems.

His numbers dipped b/c of obvious steps backwards in other spots. Eye test shows Newton brings exactly what he did last year. Eye test and stats shows other spots legitimately took big steps backwards....

#45 Russian Bear

Russian Bear

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

Im glad everyone loves those other faggots. It was annoying when everyone liked the Panthers and Cam like they love RG3 and the Redskins now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com