#46 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

lol....

simple question, did Newton play poorly the first q of the season or have one bad game?

Bucs game, Giants game, super easy

#47 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,355 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Bucs game, Giants game, super easy

Newton completed 70% of his passes, RBs literally combined for 0 yards. Do me a favor, name the last time that occured in a NFL game. Newton being forced to gamble late with no help in hopes to win.....is NOT poor QB play. Big difference between a QB playing poor vs a team not showing up.

so like I said, first q was 1 poor game. Media turned that game into his slump and slung that song and dance across the board.

#48 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Now if this can all happen before week one...

#49 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

everybody knows if your qb throws a INT in a game, you dont win.also means your qb had a bad game.

#50 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

PFF, who were quite harsh on cam last year, have Cam grading positively in 8 games in the passing game (so excluding his runs), negatively 4 times and once they had him graded evenly. I know that many will disregard their gradings, but they have graded him making a definite improvement over 2011.

He really has only had 4 poor games this year, nyg, Seattle, Chicago and Denver. To say he played poorly in the other games is a little extreme.

#51 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

it's much more reasonable to say the team slumped or the offense slumped than to try and pin it on one player. I'm still curious to see how many articles predicting a sophomore slump for Luck, RG3, Wilson etc. Or will they bypass that because none of those guys are as polarizing as Cam?

#52 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

PFF, who were quite harsh on cam last year, have Cam grading positively in 8 games in the passing game (so excluding his runs), negatively 4 times and once they had him graded evenly. I know that many will disregard their gradings, but they have graded him making a definite improvement over 2011.

He really has only had 4 poor games this year, nyg, Seattle, Chicago and Denver. To say he played poorly in the other games is a little extreme.

Slump doesn't mean he was god afoul, it just means he wasn't as good as he was last season, and over the first 10 games of the season it's very clearly the case.

#53 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

There's TWO QBs in our division with more INTs than Cam...guess who!

#54 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Slump doesn't mean he was god afoul, it just means he wasn't as good as he was last season, and over the first 10 games of the season it's very clearly the case.

Using what as a metric? Not saying they are 100% reliable, but PFF have him universally better than last year. I think he was still making throws, but he literally had no help outside of Olsen and smith so it's expected that his statistics were worse.

#55 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,355 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Look at the RB production and OL play in those games last year 10 games in.

Cam had a significantly tougher job this year. Only reason his numbers dipped is bc those around him where much worse....he was actually better. That being true doesn't mean his stats are better

#56 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

I remember telling some coworkers out here that I didn't think he'd put up as big of numbers, but he'd be more efficient this year. If everything goes as it has been, that'll be exactly what happens.

#57 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

His pasing stats for Denver and Dallas were very close. How was Denver bad and Dallas wasn't?

#58 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,723 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

The stat that says it all for me is that in Cam's 2 years, we have never won a game where he has thrown an INT. We have lost some where he didn't throw a pick but never won one. That tells me if he makes any kind of mistake we are doomed and he has to be almost perfect just for a win. Can you imagine how few games we would won with Jake if we only won when he didn't throw a pick??

Both Luck and RGIII have had the team pick things up for them but not Cam.

#59 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

This whole Cam is in a slump ish is as exaggerated as the whole Cam is inaccurate BS. Every gun-slinging QB over throws their receivers every now and then during a game. I see it all the damn time. Don't get why Cam has to make every damn throw perfect or he's inaccurate.

The desire to take every thing Cam does and turn it into some sort of scrutinty says to me some seriously fear this kid and want him to fail. The question is WHY?

#60 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,355 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

The stat that says it all for me is that in Cam's 2 years, we have never won a game where he has thrown an INT. We have lost some where he didn't throw a pick but never won one. That tells me if he makes any kind of mistake we are doomed and he has to be almost perfect just for a win. Can you imagine how few games we would won with Jake if we only won when he didn't throw a pick??

Both Luck and RGIII have had the team pick things up for them but not Cam.

Yep, Luck has 6 wins with at least one INT and a couple with multiple. Cam must play flawless to escape with a win and those wins usually require big numbers from him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com