Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If our Players have not given up on the Coaching Staff... should we?

52 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have put the blame for our struggles this season on coaching. And I am giving coaching (along with the players) credit for today's great victory. This is the best win we have had in 3-4 years, and against an 11-1 division rival. We pretty much dominated today. Props to both our coaches and players.

Our players could have packed it in like the Bucs did last year, but they have not given up on our coaching staff.

If our players have not given up on our coaching staff and we win out, then I am not going to give up on them either.
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

This win is destroying my belief system. I'm totally confused now.
Chud's red zone play calling still sucks. Yeah, that's it. I think.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TruthVsComfort' timestamp='1355109673' post='2039477']
I have put the blame for our struggles this season on coaching. And I am giving coaching (along with the players) credit for today's great victory. This is the best win we have had in 3-4 years, and against an 11-1 division rival. We pretty much dominated today. Props to both our coaches and players.

Our players could have packed it in like the Bucs did last year, but they have not given up on our coaching staff.

If our players have not given up on our coaching staff and we win out, then I am not going to give up on them either.
[/quote]

Bombing the same post three times, including one self made OP is usually frowned upon in these parts. You are not some special flower and neither is your opinion.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Perhaps our players have enough pride that they won't give up. Perhaps they're playing for their teammates. Perhaps it says nothing about the coaching staff.

Also consider that players can be wrong. Case in point...Rivers saving Turner's job in SD last year. All the Chargers have done is waste another year due to substandard coaching.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TruthVsComfort' timestamp='1355109673' post='2039477']

[/quote]

You not giving up on them means nothing.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Panthers were motivated today bc of what Matt Ryan said after last game.

Good coaches figure out how to motivate every week.

We still need a new coach and nothing has changed.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yes because I want to win more than 6 games in a season.
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'm a little unsure after today what to think, but nothing will change my mind on wanting Chud gone. I think he's the biggest coaching issue.

Posted · Report post

I will wait until the last game is played to make a full assessment of my feelings for this staff. We won today, that's great, but we lost a crap ton due to horrible coaching decisions the past few years. if they keep up the winning, we'll see. if we continue to lose leads in the fourth, ax 'em.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I am not yet confused but I am bewildered. If we win out, I will be torn, even if only slightly, but I will be torn.

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry. But I don't give up. They may be replaced next year, but I don't give up. And I don't expect that they do either.

I'll say it again.

I do not give up.

Period

Posted · Report post

Doesn't matter if we win out or not. Coaching staff needs to go. Waiting between weeks 10 and 12 before you make any changes is inexcusable. I've already given up on them.
3 people like this