Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

If our Players have not given up on the Coaching Staff... should we?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

I have put the blame for our struggles this season on coaching. And I am giving coaching (along with the players) credit for today's great victory. This is the best win we have had in 3-4 years, and against an 11-1 division rival. We pretty much dominated today. Props to both our coaches and players.

Our players could have packed it in like the Bucs did last year, but they have not given up on our coaching staff.

If our players have not given up on our coaching staff and we win out, then I am not going to give up on them either.

#2 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

This win is destroying my belief system. I'm totally confused now.
Chud's red zone play calling still sucks. Yeah, that's it. I think.

#3 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,633 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

I have put the blame for our struggles this season on coaching. And I am giving coaching (along with the players) credit for today's great victory. This is the best win we have had in 3-4 years, and against an 11-1 division rival. We pretty much dominated today. Props to both our coaches and players.

Our players could have packed it in like the Bucs did last year, but they have not given up on our coaching staff.

If our players have not given up on our coaching staff and we win out, then I am not going to give up on them either.

Bombing the same post three times, including one self made OP is usually frowned upon in these parts. You are not some special flower and neither is your opinion.

#4 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

Perhaps our players have enough pride that they won't give up. Perhaps they're playing for their teammates. Perhaps it says nothing about the coaching staff.

Also consider that players can be wrong. Case in point...Rivers saving Turner's job in SD last year. All the Chargers have done is waste another year due to substandard coaching.

#5 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

You not giving up on them means nothing.

#6 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Panthers were motivated today bc of what Matt Ryan said after last game.

Good coaches figure out how to motivate every week.

We still need a new coach and nothing has changed.

#7 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Yes because I want to win more than 6 games in a season.

#8 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

I'm a little unsure after today what to think, but nothing will change my mind on wanting Chud gone. I think he's the biggest coaching issue.

#9 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

I will wait until the last game is played to make a full assessment of my feelings for this staff. We won today, that's great, but we lost a crap ton due to horrible coaching decisions the past few years. if they keep up the winning, we'll see. if we continue to lose leads in the fourth, ax 'em.

#10 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,333 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

I am not yet confused but I am bewildered. If we win out, I will be torn, even if only slightly, but I will be torn.

#11 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

I'm sorry. But I don't give up. They may be replaced next year, but I don't give up. And I don't expect that they do either.

I'll say it again.

I do not give up.

Period

#12 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,614 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Doesn't matter if we win out or not. Coaching staff needs to go. Waiting between weeks 10 and 12 before you make any changes is inexcusable. I've already given up on them.

#13 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

Who says they do?

Besides, you can say whatever you want about Newton but someone as competitive as he is at quarterback will not allow his team to mail it in.

#14 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,633 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

The issue with the coaching staff is that they though they had it all planned. They just KNEW that them losing was just a lack of execution, or players "not making plays". While certainly there were plays left on the field by the players, the OVERWHELMING reason that we sucked so hard was poor coaching. This ranged from poor clock management to play calling and overall scheme ineptitude.

It took until we were virtually eliminated from playoff contention before they went "You know what guys! This poo just isn't working" and decided to pull their collective heads from their asses.

That alone should get them fired.

But then again, maybe they learn from this and grow as coaches - the realize that coaching can not be inflexible, and have to continuously adjust. It's for this reason that I won't be devastated if they are retained. It's just that I don't think that they should be.

#15 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,020 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

To tear it apart n have a potential OC come in and implement a west coast offense... For example could set the team back some more. If only we could have a red zone OC to take over from the 20 in!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com