Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

If our Players have not given up on the Coaching Staff... should we?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

Quitting is the exception, even for awful teams. The 0-16 lions didnt quit. The 01 team didn't quit until game 15. The players need their jobs too, especially with a new GM making evaluations. Therefore it would make little sense to quit even if they hated Rivera.

#42 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

yes we should.

#43 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• LocationTulsa, OK
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Some of you guys need to reflect on who our last 2 OCs were.

Dan Henning
And
Jeff Davidson

Chud is the best OC the Panthers have ever had. I can see Chud improving, and he is not afraid to think outside the box, and draw plays in the sand. All qualities that we wish we had when Davidson and Henning were running the show. I'd love to keep Chud another year, allow Cam and this offense to grow, before sending him off to an inevitable head coaching job somewhere in the league. Chud is a highly coveted offensive mind around the league, moreso than many of you are willing to realize.

#44 P.I.A

P.I.A

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationFinally Home!
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

Some of you guys need to reflect on who our last 2 OCs were.

Dan Henning
And
Jeff Davidson

Chud is the best OC the Panthers have ever had. I can see Chud improving, and he is not afraid to think outside the box, and draw plays in the sand. All qualities that we wish we had when Davidson and Henning were running the show. I'd love to keep Chud another year, allow Cam and this offense to grow, before sending him off to an inevitable head coaching job somewhere in the league. Chud is a highly coveted offensive mind around the league, moreso than many of you are willing to realize.

Im not dissing anyone, but didn't half of this forum agree that Chud is the anti-christ?

#45 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

The issue with the coaching staff is that they though they had it all planned. They just KNEW that them losing was just a lack of execution, or players "not making plays". While certainly there were plays left on the field by the players, the OVERWHELMING reason that we sucked so hard was poor coaching. This ranged from poor clock management to play calling and overall scheme ineptitude.

It took until we were virtually eliminated from playoff contention before they went "You know what guys! This poo just isn't working" and decided to pull their collective heads from their asses.

That alone should get them fired.

But then again, maybe they learn from this and grow as coaches - the realize that coaching can not be inflexible, and have to continuously adjust. It's for this reason that I won't be devastated if they are retained. It's just that I don't think that they should be.

Yeah, I keep thinking that if it took Marvin Lewis ten years to win in Cinci it could be eons before this staff gets it together. The offense we ran today was the offense we ran most of last year and Cam excelled. They just wasted this season and for that I bid them good riddance.

#46 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

Nice avatar, btw. I'm UNC law class of 08

#47 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

There is still time for them to embarrassed next week at San Diego, then we'll be back to where we were last week.

#48 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

• LocationCO
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

There is still time for them to embarrassed next week at San Diego, then we'll be back to where we were last week.

yep

one week at a time folks

#49 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationnorth carolina
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

norv turner vs. ron rivera in a "winner keeps his job" match!!!!!!!!!!

#50 run1stdownrun2nddown

run1stdownrun2nddown

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Im not dissing anyone, but didn't half of this forum agree that Chud is the anti-christ?

Gotta be more specific. We talking 3 months ago, last week, or this week?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users