Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

I don't give a fug if we win out, get into the playoffs, and win the Superbowl 58484 to 0..

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,722 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

You're falling for the trap. You have to keep in mind Rivera actually sacrificed this season in an attempt to look like a football genius. (Letting Cam be our only offensive weapon, and everyone else fall where they may) Not too mention he gave very limited reps to Kuechly, started Nakamura when he showed nothing in the preseason, and held back guys like Joe Adams and David Gettis as of late. This guy stinks.

We could have been in the playoffs this year if it weren't for his goof up play calling that cost us several games. (Falcons, Bears, Cowboys, Bucs, Seahawks) Do we really want this coach to be here another year?

That whole premise is half baked. We actually were installing the defense and offense for the first time this year really. What we installed last year was on the fly and based on what the players could pick up as they went. Plus on defense we had too many injuries to really have a cohesive attack. What you have seen in the last few games is what McDermott and Rivera can do on defense with players who are coached up and a MLB who is finally hitting his stride.

On offense Chud got too cute and did screw up which he has corrected for the most part.

As for Rivera screwing up with some poor calls, that is true. But you assume that he learned nothing from it and would do it again and that is where you are not watching. Look at how aggressive they were on offense at the end of the game the past 2 games. and look how they were more aggressive on defense.
What i want is a coach who can learn and adjust as he goes and Rivera is doing that. If they do well the rest of the way you would be getting rid of a coach who is finally figuring it out and who is now actually worth keeping, not the same guy who screwed up earlier in the year. This is his first gig, he is still learning the ropes. Lately he seems to be getting it.

#17 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,823 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Why is the Seahawks' score over the Cardinals in the thread title?

#18 CARuthless

CARuthless

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

You're falling for the trap. You have to keep in mind Rivera actually sacrificed this season in an attempt to look like a football genius. (Letting Cam be our only offensive weapon, and everyone else fall where they may) Not too mention he gave very limited reps to Kuechly, started Nakamura when he showed nothing in the preseason, and held back guys like Joe Adams and David Gettis as of late. This guy stinks.

We could have been in the playoffs this year if it weren't for his goof up play calling that cost us several games. (Falcons, Bears, Cowboys, Bucs, Seahawks) Do we really want this coach to be here another year?

falcons loss- cam fumbles on 3rd n 2 n Naka gives up bomb. Bears loss- Steve falls in route resulting in a pick 6. I actually forgot which game Cam missed hartstock of barnidge on 4th and goal.... Point is we just didnt execute well enough in some games. Yes playcalling has been bad but it has certainly gotten better over the last 3 weeks

#19 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

New GM = New coach

Yep.

That is the bargain.

You get to have a physically talented team with an exceptional QB. There will be decent draft position, and you get to bring in whoever you want at Head Coach.

This team is in prime position to attract some talent. Someone who can come in and help deliver Old Man Richardson a ring before he is gone.

#20 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

That whole premise is half baked. We actually were installing the defense and offense for the first time this year really. What we installed last year was on the fly and based on what the players could pick up as they went. Plus on defense we had too many injuries to really have a cohesive attack. What you have seen in the last few games is what McDermott and Rivera can do on defense with players who are coached up and a MLB who is finally hitting his stride.

On offense Chud got too cute and did screw up which he has corrected for the most part.

As for Rivera screwing up with some poor calls, that is true. But you assume that he learned nothing from it and would do it again and that is where you are not watching. Look at how aggressive they were on offense at the end of the game the past 2 games. and look how they were more aggressive on defense.
What i want is a coach who can learn and adjust as he goes and Rivera is doing that. If they do well the rest of the way you would be getting rid of a coach who is finally figuring it out and who is now actually worth keeping, not the same guy who screwed up earlier in the year. This is his first gig, he is still learning the ropes. Lately he seems to be getting it.

He didn't just make mistakes in the first part of the year and for most of the season, he willingly didn't do anything about it until Hurney got fired. Some of the moves he made were just plain ridiculous. You got two good running backs, and they barely touch the ball. You start Nakamura when he didn't deserve it. (Not that Sherrod showed great improvement in the pre-season, but he did play a little better than Haruki) He started Kuechly on the outside and only had him in the game for 20% or less on defense. Then he benched our best return man for most of the season. All these things contributed to our terrible record, not because we have a bad team.

Plus, they let Cam hang out to dry for most of the season, and failed to develop him fully as a throwing QB. (They encouraged him to use his athletics, because that was a main part of our offense. The one man show they wanted to implement.) They didn't let him audible. So I can deal with a young coach learning how to do things. What I refuse to put up with is a coach making dumb decisions, to the point of sabotaging.

#21 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

falcons loss- cam fumbles on 3rd n 2 n Naka gives up bomb. Bears loss- Steve falls in route resulting in a pick 6. I actually forgot which game Cam missed hartstock of barnidge on 4th and goal.... Point is we just didnt execute well enough in some games. Yes playcalling has been bad but it has certainly gotten better over the last 3 weeks

Who's the one who started Nakamura? Who called the passing play that lead to Steve falling and the ball being picked? (All we needed to do was run the clock out in the Bears game) Besides in those two games, we had a substantial lead and lost it. It's one thing for that to happen once or twice in a year, but to happen 6+ games?

So you are willing to forget all that, if we beat sorry teams like the Chargers, Raiders, and Saints? If we win at all, it's because of the guys on this team, and zero credit toward coaching. We have no business being out of the playoffs this year. The only thing I will credit the coaches on, is this miserable season.

#22 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

My god yall. We won a game and all is right with the world again. Stop it..a win against ATL is always welcomed, but this season was a failure due to the inept coaching and a meaningless win here or there wont change that.

#23 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

And lets not also forget Atlanta was coming back in the second half. If they would have gotten that two point conversion, I'm sure Rivera would have gone into his little corner to hide.

#24 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

And lets not also forget Atlanta was coming back in the second half. If they would have gotten that two point conversion, I'm sure Rivera would have gone into his little corner to hide.

Good point...Defense was in choke mode in the second half :-)

#25 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

We're 4-9. I like 50-50 chances of getting a great coach this time around. It's like the coin tosses actually. Because we have had terrible coaches, the odds are actually stacked in our favor statistically speaking. We're bound to strike a good coach soon, hopefully this offseason will be our year.

#26 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

If Rivera gets the team to 7-9, he needs another year. End of discussion.

#27 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,722 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

He didn't just make mistakes in the first part of the year and for most of the season, he willingly didn't do anything about it until Hurney got fired. Some of the moves he made were just plain ridiculous. You got two good running backs, and they barely touch the ball. You start Nakamura when he didn't deserve it. (Not that Sherrod showed great improvement in the pre-season, but he did play a little better than Haruki) He started Kuechly on the outside and only had him in the game for 20% or less on defense. Then he benched our best return man for most of the season. All these things contributed to our terrible record, not because we have a bad team.

Plus, they let Cam hang out to dry for most of the season, and failed to develop him fully as a throwing QB. (They encouraged him to use his athletics, because that was a main part of our offense. The one man show they wanted to implement.) They didn't let him audible. So I can deal with a young coach learning how to do things. What I refuse to put up with is a coach making dumb decisions, to the point of sabotaging.

The idea that a professional coach in his first stint would purposely sabotage the team whose record determines whether he goes or stays after all it took for him to get his first coaching job is beyond ridiculous. So lets just stop that whole garbage, you are beginning to sound like a conspiracy theorist. You assume that he didn't do anything until Hurney was gone as if that might be under his control. Did you consider that maybe Richardson finally gave him the ability to make his own fate by getting rid of Hurney? It makes just as much sense.

Secondly most of your premises are not rooted in any kind of fact. Did Rivera call any plays or does he even know enough to call the plays?? So who let Cam hang out to dry? Secondly, word in the organization was that Newton couldn't read defenses so they couldn't give him all the plays and variations until he was ready which appears to be happening now. He was not audiblizing (sp) because they didn't think he could do it very well. Lately he has gotten much better.

Martin was awful last year and everyone felt Nakamura was an upgrade. It wasn't until the Atlanta game and afterwards that we saw how bad he was in coverage and Martin hasn't been much better.
Secondly, Kuechly wasn't in all the time because they had to know that he knew where to be on all the plays and felt Beason was better early. As Kuechly grew and learned in practice, his role on the field expanded especially when Beason went down.

Adams didn't play in a game until he showed he wasn't going to fumble in practice, which he continued to do, well after the bye. Has he fumbled in a game since he got back in? Then maybe their formula worked.

Again we can't go back and forth all day with your loose speculations and my explanations about why they did what they did. In the end I am not going to change your mind so I won't waste any more time in that arena. But I don't agree at all with your baseless speculations and doubt most knowledgeable Panther fans will either. To assume that a coach would purposely keep star players out of the lineup or handicap players on purpose to somehow showcase a "one man show" is paranoid at best and delusional at worse.

#28 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,884 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

New GM = New coach

Mostly, but not always.

GMs have been known to give coaches an 'audition' season.

#29 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

rock on P55............rock on.

#30 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Beating the falcunts was nice but let's not forget we made the Chiefs look like a playoff team.

No the NFL/officials made the Chiefs look like a playoff team. Don't be fooled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com