• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

I'm starting to warm up to the idea too.

Think about it. With what other coach can we get:
  • Truly random time outs
  • Haruki "The Iron Cheetah" Nakamura
  • No involvement during game day unless a player needs his shoe tied or turf pulled from a face mask
  • 2.5 quarters (EVERY GAME!) of professional level football
  • Attempting to sit on 2 point leads early into the 3rd quarter
  • Almost a winning season, every season.
Sign me up.

#12 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• LocationMissouri
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

I was on the fire Rivera group until I saw what we are capable of in the first half yesterday. Rivera should keep playing as many young guys as possible the rest of the season and get them experience. I am talking about players like DJ Campbell. I just think he should get a chance to see the results of his project. And it was also so cool to see the players not quitting at this point in the season. That's character, and we'll need it when we are winning...and we will win, I have no doubt. Unless Cam pulls a Lebron on us, we will win the superbowl with him no question

There are so many young guys on this team, and the first half yesterday showed the true potential of this defense. We simply locked down the best team in the NFC without so many starters.

My only beef with coaching this year has been the playcalling and special teams. I could care less if Rivera does not show emotions and is a statue on the sideline. If we win out and keep playing like we did in the first half yesterday, dude just needs one more year

Like I said yesterday, If Rivera had been trying different things all season & it seemed as if he'd finally found the right formula, I'd agree... but that ain't what happened.

It took the GM getting fired to even begin to go back to a formula on offense that had major success last year when that should've happened after game two. To put it another way, he not only tried to fix something that wasn't broken, not only did the fix break it, but he also stuck with what was now broken as if it were going to fix itself until the organization got bitchslapped by the owner.

So, no.

#13 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• LocationCape Fear Area
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Die

#14 PantherFan4Ever

PantherFan4Ever

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Team plays one good game out of 13 and all of a sudden Rivera is a capable head coach? Doesn't work that way.

Lose the short term memory. This is the same team that lost to the Chiefs.

#15 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

I wouldn't mind him staying if he finishes strong

#16 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

No...

#17 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

I hope he is here next August just because 3 years seems like the right amount for a coach. I would like to see the new GM let him start the season on a short leash.

But no he doesn't seem like the answer and my money is on him being fired at around lunchtime on New Year's day.

#18 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• LocationRaleigh NC
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

I hope he is here next August just because 3 years seems like the right amount for a coach. I would like to see the new GM let him start the season on a short leash.

But no he doesn't seem like the answer and my money is on him being fired at around lunchtime on New Year's day.

So you want the GM to risk his job on somebody who hasn't proved anything? Why should the GM have Rivera on a short leash? If you have to have him on a short leash then Rivera doesn't need to be there. That is just plain and simple. We made this mistake in 2010 with Marty. I don't want JR to make this mistake again.

#19 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

So you want the GM to risk his job on somebody who hasn't proved anything? Why should the GM have Rivera on a short leash? If you have to have him on a short leash then Rivera doesn't need to be there. That is just plain and simple. We made this mistake in 2010 with Marty. I don't want JR to make this mistake again.

I just would like to see how he starts the season next year. The GM will have the call and doesn't have to risk anything. And suspect he will not.

#20 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

And what will happen if Rivera sucks again next year? Will that not be another wasted year of good talent? We know what kind of talent we have, we don't need coaches who willingly make dumb decisions screwing things up for us. Just get me a competent coach, and this team can pretty much take care of itself. Rivera is a liability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users