No...

#17 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,040 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

I hope he is here next August just because 3 years seems like the right amount for a coach. I would like to see the new GM let him start the season on a short leash.

But no he doesn't seem like the answer and my money is on him being fired at around lunchtime on New Year's day.

#18 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,016 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

I hope he is here next August just because 3 years seems like the right amount for a coach. I would like to see the new GM let him start the season on a short leash.

But no he doesn't seem like the answer and my money is on him being fired at around lunchtime on New Year's day.

So you want the GM to risk his job on somebody who hasn't proved anything? Why should the GM have Rivera on a short leash? If you have to have him on a short leash then Rivera doesn't need to be there. That is just plain and simple. We made this mistake in 2010 with Marty. I don't want JR to make this mistake again.

#19 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,040 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

So you want the GM to risk his job on somebody who hasn't proved anything? Why should the GM have Rivera on a short leash? If you have to have him on a short leash then Rivera doesn't need to be there. That is just plain and simple. We made this mistake in 2010 with Marty. I don't want JR to make this mistake again.

I just would like to see how he starts the season next year. The GM will have the call and doesn't have to risk anything. And suspect he will not.

#20 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

And what will happen if Rivera sucks again next year? Will that not be another wasted year of good talent? We know what kind of talent we have, we don't need coaches who willingly make dumb decisions screwing things up for us. Just get me a competent coach, and this team can pretty much take care of itself. Rivera is a liability.

#21 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Well he's not going to get another year, so that's proposterous.

#22 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

as ive said. My line in the sand is 7-9. 7-9 he stays, not a single win less.

#23 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

What we really need is a coach who sees Cam as a full QB. By that I mean a coach who want to teach Cam how to dissect a defense. Cam has all the physical skill in the world, he needs to be taught anticipation. (As we saw when he missed a wide open Murphy for a touchdown) Once Cam mastered anticipation and pocket awareness, tell me who will want to play against this team in that day? Rivera's not going to get that out of Cam, this dude is a defensive minded coach, and could care less about doing his job until someone makes him. (It took Hurney getting fired, outcry from fans and media, and JR's hammer getting polished before Rivera realized he was a HC)

All I want is a coach who will want the best out of Cam as a passer, and we will be in contention for the superbowl every season.

#24 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

There are a few more games to see, but if its more of what we saw Sunday I'm with the OP.

To beat the Falcons down while having to play so many young players was beyond impressive.

#25 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,547 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

i knew this poo would happen
luck into winning some meaningless games at the end and people begin to think he isn't a terrible waste of oxygen

Not nearly as bad as the waste of space your post just occupied. "Luck into winning a meaningless game"????? You mean beat a division rival who your owner dislikes after they disrespect you on their field who is trying hard to wrap up home field advantage????

I

#26 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

So the team finally, after 13 games has put together a complete game and now Ron deserves another year.... this place is seriously bi-polar

#27 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Some peoples kids....

#28 tight lines

tight lines

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

The only way I want to see Rivera working in boa stadium next year is if hes cutting the grass and cleaning the crappers

#29 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

I want John Fox back

#30 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

The only reason Ron wasn't fired during the bye is because we didn't have a viable interim coach on our staff to finish the year.

What does that tell you about Rivera and the staff?

Let him learn how to be a head coach somewhere else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com