• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

It could be that he's just not getting much time in practice to get catches from Cam. He should probably be spending every waking minute of his life trying to become bestest friends with #1. Murphy has been staying after practice every day to catch passes with Cam, is Gettis trying to do so too? I just have a feeling if Cam felt that Gettis should get more playing time he would.

They barely let Cam audible out of a play. You really think he calls the shots on the depth chart? lol

#17 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Leg is prob. not ready, but he was an emergency option.

#18 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Gettis went into the game once or twice but was never targeted.

#19 MThornton1

MThornton1

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

Is there a reason Gettis is not playing or getting much playing time??? He must have really pissed RR off....

#20 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

Anybody wanna guess what David Gettis did after his first TD in 2010?

#21 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

so we can't have 2 Superman's on the same field for more than a handful of snaps or else their combined power will destroy the world?

#22 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

So nobody here saw that DG actually got in the game yesterday?

#23 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,143 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

i recall seeing him meet Cam on the sideline after a possession

#24 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,143 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

So nobody here saw that DG actually got in the game yesterday?

would be a neat trick, unless he played a play in the first half and came out in a hoodie the second

#25 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

If we keep trending up with our 12 personel packages, we're gonna need another good TE.

#26 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,308 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Is there a reason Gettis is not playing or getting much playing time??? He must have really pissed RR off....

Yes, he occupies the same role as Murphy.....and he isn't as good overall as Murphy today.

#27 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

It's amazing how much love Gettis gets on this forum. It's as if he is a probowl receiver or something! Backups are always the most popular players..

#28 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,547 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Gettis will be here at least through camp next year unless we trade him. He is on a rookie contract and cheap. If he doesn't play it is because he isn't the best player we have to choose from. The whole notion that the coaches put talented guys in the doghouse over a comment or two when they are clearly the best player is ridiculous in my estimation.

#29 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,308 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Gettis will be here at least through camp next year unless we trade him. He is on a rookie contract and cheap. If he doesn't play it is because he isn't the best player we have to choose from. The whole notion that the coaches put talented guys in the doghouse over a comment or two when they are clearly the best player is ridiculous in my estimation.

Trade a 6th round WR who has played 1 season in 3 years?

New GM IMO means he may find his own lower tier players to battle for spots rather than just letting so many of Hurney's guys compete.

I think we see a big shift away from the Hurney roster soon

#30 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,167 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

It's amazing how much love Gettis gets on this forum. It's as if he is a probowl receiver or something! Backups are always the most popular players..

The way he played his rookie season, with crappy QBs, is the reason people got very excited about him. He is big runs a 4.3, has incredible hands, a great vertical, catches the ball in traffic. He was a lot better than LaFell. He also got high praise from Steve Smith. Smith called him the team's best deep ball threat. I think fans just want to see him play and see what he can provide us. I hate to see his skills just rotting away on the sideline and instead we have Armanti Edwards in the game. Just give him a shot and throw the ball to him a few times and let's see what he can do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.