Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Panther

2013 will be a bad year to die.

121 posts in this topic

So basically what you guys are saying is that you don't care how the government taxes everyone or how much we are taxed, it's all good... right?

So basically what you guys are saying is that you don't care how the government taxes everyone or how much we are taxed, it's all good... right?

Exactly,

It seems we have all become numb to the fact that government takes whatever it wants and continually is dreaming up ways to justify it's own programs.

It should work the other way. Draw up a simple and fair tax plan and then size the government to fit that.

Yes, that's exactly why I gave a specific number on what I thought would be a respectable number for the cap to go down to on a tax that's somehow been around for close to a hundred years without destroying the fabric of our society.

as many businessmen often point out, the smart thing to do isn't always the fair thing.

Yes, that's exactly why I gave a specific number on what I thought would be a respectable number for the cap to go down to on a tax that's somehow been around for close to a hundred years without destroying the fabric of our society.

Well, this isn't even a discussion then because if you don't care what way or how much money the gov't takes from you, that's something I can't even fathom.

Yes clearly that's what supporting a compromise of a 45% tax rate on anything above $3-4 million implies: Complete blind and slavish loyalty to the IRS.

Yes

Yes clearly that's what supporting a compromise of a 45% tax rate on anything above $3-4 million implies: Complete blind and slavish loyalty to the IRS.

Hey, I asked and you answered yes... now you want to go putting qualifiers on your answer?

Delhommey should get married to the IRS he loves taxes so much

Does anyone have a counter argument that doesn't involve slamming the door and squelching the tires as you leave?

Does anyone have a counter argument that doesn't involve slamming the door and squelching the tires as you leave?

What exactly is there to argue? You're fine with whatever taxes the gov't comes up with. We're not. Pretty much the end of the story.