Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 will be a bad year to die.

121 posts in this topic

Posted

just so we're clear here, by reading that and interpreting it as though i was projecting actual entitlement to your parents' wealth, you actually confirmed that you feel entitled to it

here let me clear it up for you: when your parents die, what makes you more deserving to their assets than anyone else? what happened to the libertarian, boot-strappy mantra? it's almost as if it only really applies to everyone else, never to you. how could you live with yourself after receiving that handout? better yet, how can you live with yourself after arguing in this very thread that you won't get enough of a handout which, of course, is all that an inheritance is?

Who else is entitled to Kurb's parents wealth if they deem he should receive it? Not me. Not you. No one else is, not even the gov't.

He is their heir, he should receive it if that is his parents choice. It's not a hard concept.

You're playing apples and oranges to try and make some obscure point about "libertarians" and it's not working.

I'm with Bronn on this... the issue, as Cantrell has tried to derail it to, is not the heir issue, it's the fact that the gov't is taxing monies multiple times.

Posted

here let me clear it up for you: when your parents die, what makes you more deserving to their assets than anyone else? what happened to the libertarian, boot-strappy mantra?

As a libertarian, I can say I don't think you understand our platform.

Posted

I'm sorry but what transfer of wealth ISN'T taxed?

Posted

I'm sorry but what transfer of wealth ISN'T taxed?

The money I pay to my landscaper "Raul."

Posted

But seriously there are plenty of wealth transfers that are not taxed. Life insurance and trusts come to mind immediately.

Posted

Horrible horrible tax. I hate this fuging gov't

Posted

Horrible horrible tax. I hate this fuging gov't

The fact that you would be drawn and quartered in many other countries for saying the bolded makes me lol

Posted

The fact that you would be drawn and quartered in many other countries for saying the bolded makes me lol

In other news...Harry Belafonte (leftist) wants all of Obama's opposition to be imprisoned and Obama to act more like a 3rd world dictator

Posted

And he can say that as well.

What a horrible country we live in.

Posted

We live in a great country.

With a really bad tax code.

Posted

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2012/09/25/the-most-tax-friendly-country-in-the-world-is-spoiler-alert-its-not-the-u-s/

Posted

Yea we should just keep letting them rob us blind because we have freedom of speech.

Anyways, these women are too hot to live anywhere else.