120 replies to this topic

#16 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,108 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Yes, there is. Over that amount....and there is a tax...surprise.

#17 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Gift used to be capped at 200k a year. If you plan far enough in advance you can move a lot tax free, but really death taxes are just evil

#18 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,403 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Believe it's $12k per year now...which is why people create trusts.

#19 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

what's wrong with the estate tax? it's not like you're going to be doing anything with your poo when you're dead and i mean, i don't want some stupid parasites inheriting their parents' stuff rather than actually working for a living am i right fellow republicans?

#20 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,792 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

what's wrong with the estate tax? it's not like you're going to be doing anything with your poo when you're dead and i mean, i don't want some stupid parasites inheriting their parents' stuff rather than actually working for a living am i right fellow republicans?

You are either stoned, drunk, or stupid. Personally I am betting that it is all of the above.

#21 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

i don't touch the stuff but since we're going that route rather than actually discussing the merits of the estate tax, you're fat iirc

e: confirmed

#22 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,108 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

In my life I don't think that I have ever talked to a person that was born in the US and was more of a communist than you seem to be.

#23 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

I am currently meeting with my peeps to avoid this at all costs.

Setting up trusts for assets and life insurance policies is a logical first step.

#24 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,308 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

Ya gotta have trusts. Make sure your benes on stuff goes one half to the trust and the other to your kids.

Gifts are capped around 12k but to direct family members. If you have large amounts I would hope you have good financia people around to smartly give the money to good charties etc as well as investing in tax advantageous vehicles.

#25 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

In my life I don't think that I have ever talked to a person that was born in the US and was more of a communist than you seem to be.

i'm not a communist and this isn't fox news so you can't just avoid the discussion by calling people you disagree with "communist"

why does personal responsibility and hard work only matter if you're the child of poor or middle class families? why are some people simply entitled to the wealth obtained through the exploitation of the working class over generations, while food stamps and unemployment are literally hitler? what your parents made is no more "yours" than tax dollars, particularly by the time you've reached adulthood.

#26 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,266 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

I know a bunch of trust funds kids.

And I know a bunch of welfare recipients.

Guess what I have observed?

#27 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Guess what I have observed?

trust fund kids have been given every opportunity to succeed, from the cradle to the grave, due entirely to their winning the genetic lottery

#28 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,266 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

trust fund kids have been given every opportunity to succeed, from the cradle to the grave, due entirely to their winning the genetic lottery

Good for them.

You reckon if you give lazy people more welfare they will be successful?

#29 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

wait so you agree that being given a comfortable life leads to success (trust fund kids), but that it wouldn't work for poor people because of your gut feeling?

i think we're done here

#30 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,266 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

wait so you agree that being given a comfortable life leads to success (trust fund kids), but that it wouldn't work for poor people because of your gut feeling?

No.

Because of observable and ample evidence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com