120 replies to this topic

#76 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,014 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

I'm sorry but what transfer of wealth ISN'T taxed?

The money I pay to my landscaper "Raul."

#77 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,014 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

But seriously there are plenty of wealth transfers that are not taxed. Life insurance and trusts come to mind immediately.

#78 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

Horrible horrible tax. I hate this fuging gov't

#79 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,609 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Horrible horrible tax. I hate this fuging gov't

The fact that you would be drawn and quartered in many other countries for saying the bolded makes me lol

#80 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,329 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

The fact that you would be drawn and quartered in many other countries for saying the bolded makes me lol

In other news...Harry Belafonte (leftist) wants all of Obama's opposition to be imprisoned and Obama to act more like a 3rd world dictator

own it

#81 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,609 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

And he can say that as well.

What a horrible country we live in.

#82 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,014 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

We live in a great country.

With a really bad tax code.

#83 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,609 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

http://www.forbes.co...ts-not-the-u-s/

#84 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Yea we should just keep letting them rob us blind because we have freedom of speech.

Anyways, these women are too hot to live anywhere else.

#85 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,515 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

The economic benefits of an estate tax should be obvious. Do we have an argument against it other than "It's not fair"?

#86 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,717 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Lots of things have benefits that aren't right...

Robbing a bank has benefits too...

Why is it acceptable for the government to double dip the same funds? They are manufacturing more debt in a system that survives on manufactured debt.

#87 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,443 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Liberals love to spend money buying votes to retain power. Their eyes light up with the thought so just what/who they can buy next with new revenues. "Oh, the good we could do with these funds" Just like the good they are doing now. I think we will all stand in line to get more of what they are putting out.

#88 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,717 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Why do all your posts have to include some version of "liberal?"

#89 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,515 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Lots of things have benefits that aren't right...

Robbing a bank has benefits too...

Why is it acceptable for the government to double dip the same funds? They are manufacturing more debt in a system that survives on manufactured debt.

Sometimes it's "double dipping", but a lot of times it's just unrealized capital gains.

Besides you can angle a lot of taxes to show that they "double dip" in some way shape or form. It's hard not to when you tax most financial transfers of wealth.

#90 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Who else is entitled to Kurb's parents wealth if they deem he should receive it? Not me. Not you. No one else is, not even the gov't.

He is their heir, he should receive it if that is his parents choice. It's not a hard concept.

You're playing apples and oranges to try and make some obscure point about "libertarians" and it's not working.

btw i don't believe that people shouldn't be able to give their money to whoever they want, so long as it's taxed appropriately. you're battling a straw man. however in the absence of the estate tax, i'm fully willing to argue that i, and everyone else, has an equal claim to the wealth of the dead as whomever happened to win the genetic lottery.

it's a transfer of wealth. it gets taxed. sorry for everyone that won the genetic lottery but that's how it is. if the counter argument is "b-b-b-but the money gets taxed more than once" well uh then i guess we just shouldn't have taxes then.

I'm with Bronn on this... the issue, as Cantrell has tried to derail it to, is not the heir issue, it's the fact that the gov't is taxing monies multiple times.

you can extend this argument to literally every tax. hey did you know that, after estates are taxed, and you use your new found wealth to purchase tissues to cry into, you're going to have to pay a sales tax during that transaction! it's triple taxation! far more sinister than double taxation

I'm sorry but what transfer of wealth ISN'T taxed?

but this time it's not fair. as the child of rich parents i'm entitled to those things that i didn't work for, and it's not fair that big gubmint taxes this transfer of wealth because *feelings*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.