#91 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,792 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

So basically what you guys are saying is that you don't care how the government taxes everyone or how much we are taxed, it's all good... right?

#92 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,988 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

So basically what you guys are saying is that you don't care how the government taxes everyone or how much we are taxed, it's all good... right?

Exactly,

It seems we have all become numb to the fact that government takes whatever it wants and continually is dreaming up ways to justify it's own programs.

It should work the other way. Draw up a simple and fair tax plan and then size the government to fit that.

#93 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

Yes, that's exactly why I gave a specific number on what I thought would be a respectable number for the cap to go down to on a tax that's somehow been around for close to a hundred years without destroying the fabric of our society.

#94 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

as many businessmen often point out, the smart thing to do isn't always the fair thing.

#95 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,792 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Yes, that's exactly why I gave a specific number on what I thought would be a respectable number for the cap to go down to on a tax that's somehow been around for close to a hundred years without destroying the fabric of our society.

Well, this isn't even a discussion then because if you don't care what way or how much money the gov't takes from you, that's something I can't even fathom.

#96 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Yes clearly that's what supporting a compromise of a 45% tax rate on anything above $3-4 million implies: Complete blind and slavish loyalty to the IRS.

#97 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,792 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Yes

Yes clearly that's what supporting a compromise of a 45% tax rate on anything above $3-4 million implies: Complete blind and slavish loyalty to the IRS.

Hey, I asked and you answered yes... now you want to go putting qualifiers on your answer?

#98 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,988 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

Delhommey should get married to the IRS he loves taxes so much

#99 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Does anyone have a counter argument that doesn't involve slamming the door and squelching the tires as you leave?

#100 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,792 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Does anyone have a counter argument that doesn't involve slamming the door and squelching the tires as you leave?

What exactly is there to argue? You're fine with whatever taxes the gov't comes up with. We're not. Pretty much the end of the story.

#101 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

I have my answer.

#102 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,792 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

lol

#103 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,075 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

lol no

#104 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,988 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Not sure what the postulate was but 45% above $4M is miles better than 55% above $1M.

But 45% is still a hell of a punitive tax against "rich" people. If I ever have that much I would gladly spend up to the tax rate to avoid paying the government.

And I don't buy this argument that it helps avoid dynasties.

#105 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

Basically our resident Occupy guy deserves other families wealth and dislikes those who have done well for themselves.

Del, my problem with this lies mainly in small farms and family lands. Big difference in taking 45% of 1 million and 45% of 200 million.

Also I feel this is over taxing income, but on that we disagree on a fundamental level.

Lets go to the draft forum, we love each other there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.