• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#71 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

Then lets all split Warren Buffets stuff. He seems to have a guilt complex over it in the media anyway.
Although, he and his lawyers keep trying to dodge taxes and keep as much as possible. Funny how that happens with libs, but yeah, let me know how we can divide his stuff. The Cosco guy would be another who seems to support all stuff "lib", but he too trying to dodge taxes. Washington Post, ditto. What is it with the bullhorns on the left who say we need more taxes but try their best to dodge them?

#72 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

Then lets all split Warren Buffets stuff. He seems to have a guilt complex over it in the media anyway.
Although, he and his lawyers keep trying to dodge taxes and keep as much as possible. Funny how that happens with libs, but yeah, let me know how we can divide his stuff. The Cosco guy would be another who seems to support all stuff "lib", but he too trying to dodge taxes. Washington Post, ditto. What is it with the bullhorns on the left who say we need more taxes but try their best to dodge them?

Posted Image

#73 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

just so we're clear here, by reading that and interpreting it as though i was projecting actual entitlement to your parents' wealth, you actually confirmed that you feel entitled to it

here let me clear it up for you: when your parents die, what makes you more deserving to their assets than anyone else? what happened to the libertarian, boot-strappy mantra? it's almost as if it only really applies to everyone else, never to you. how could you live with yourself after receiving that handout? better yet, how can you live with yourself after arguing in this very thread that you won't get enough of a handout which, of course, is all that an inheritance is?

Who else is entitled to Kurb's parents wealth if they deem he should receive it? Not me. Not you. No one else is, not even the gov't.

He is their heir, he should receive it if that is his parents choice. It's not a hard concept.

You're playing apples and oranges to try and make some obscure point about "libertarians" and it's not working.

I'm with Bronn on this... the issue, as Cantrell has tried to derail it to, is not the heir issue, it's the fact that the gov't is taxing monies multiple times.

#74 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

here let me clear it up for you: when your parents die, what makes you more deserving to their assets than anyone else? what happened to the libertarian, boot-strappy mantra?

As a libertarian, I can say I don't think you understand our platform.

#75 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

I'm sorry but what transfer of wealth ISN'T taxed?

#76 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

I'm sorry but what transfer of wealth ISN'T taxed?

The money I pay to my landscaper "Raul."

#77 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

But seriously there are plenty of wealth transfers that are not taxed. Life insurance and trusts come to mind immediately.

#78 GAme

GAme

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

Horrible horrible tax. I hate this fuging gov't

#79 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Horrible horrible tax. I hate this fuging gov't

The fact that you would be drawn and quartered in many other countries for saying the bolded makes me lol

#80 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

The fact that you would be drawn and quartered in many other countries for saying the bolded makes me lol

In other news...Harry Belafonte (leftist) wants all of Obama's opposition to be imprisoned and Obama to act more like a 3rd world dictator

own it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users