Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why does "conservative humor" fail so badly?

121 posts in this topic

Posted

by huddle standards im a conservative. if you guys want we could do this for charity. get some open mike slots at a comedy club and go at it.

if you are afraid of public speaking going ahead and say it now.

Not sure. Can we pay our cover charge with food stamps, since we're all just libtard moochers?

Posted

lol

Posted

Hey dick brain. One of my kids suffers from a variation of this. I let one comment go before about this. Totally not cool.

I'm really working hard here not to go off on you man.

This is simply not funny in the least.

and for some of you bastards to even laugh disgusts me.

you can say whatever the hell you want about me, thats fine. but to even hint at or make fun of someone who has no control over that is a total pussy move.

Posted

I think it's time to stop taking the internet so serious and constantly making weird call-outs/bets/challenges every time someone makes you upset.

Posted

pretty simple really. comedy pushes boundaries. its antithesis is conservatism. the very nature of comedy makes the two mutually exclusive.

moreover, most comedians are statistically younger, which statistically makes them more likely to be more liberal than older demographic counterparts.

and i'd argue it runs deeper than that even. conservative politics are underpinned by deep religious conviction and authoritarian law. an enormous chunk of the conservative base is socialized to believe in, say, swear words as absolute entities which should not be uttered (as opposed to the culturally-defined arbitrary morphemes that they are in actuality.) this one reason alone is enough to stop the average conservative christian from swearing, let alone from thinking swearing/crude humor/sexual innuendo is funny, let alone actually performing and writing it.

this, of course, is the extreme example. not all conservatives are fundies. but looking at the root of it helps identify the problem.

Posted

evidently glen beck did a conservative stand-up comedy tour that came through greensboro a while back. i should've gone for the pure irony of laughing at all the jokes

Posted

I think it's time to stop taking the internet so serious and constantly making weird call-outs/bets/challenges every time someone makes you upset.

Joking about doing stand up is a far cry from being upset. Totally goofing on which side is funnier with asolutley no ill will involved at all.

Your response is disappointing.

As many times I have posted here this is maybe the 2nd time I got truly ticked off.

You missed it but I'm gonna be the bigger guy here and simply walk away.

Posted

Oh it was a joke?

*points to thread title*

Posted

Also for someone that "knows someone" with AS you were pretty quick to join in and start bashing them when you were trying to insult me.

Get the fug outta here with your fake outrage kthx.

Posted

Yep. It was a joke.