Photo
- - - - -

Why does "conservative humor" fail so badly?

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#91 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

How many Jews can you fit in a car?

Spoiler

#92 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,762 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Oh boy

#93 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

Did you hear about the Pollock who locked his keys in his car?

Spoiler

#94 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

http://wordsfromward...-does-not-work/

The phrase “only the truth is funny” was coined for a reason. When Conservatives try to play The Underdog, it simply comes off as false. Complaining that you have to pay taxes and you think poor people are lazy is hardly knee-slapping material. No one wants to laugh at the guy who is pretending to be a misfit while simultaneously patting himself on the back. It’s like a rich guy standing onstage and thinking it’s funny how he can only afford the BMW and not The Mercedes. How do you take the position that it sucks to be you when it clearly does not suck to be you?

Ever notice that all of the jokes about Clinton seemed to be about his sex life? There was a reason for that. It’s hard to joke about the guy who wants to help the less fortunate, even if you don’t think the less fortunate need your help. This is also why the people who attempt jokes about Obama tend to fail. It’s hardly funny to joke about the guy who clearly has his heart in the right place, even if his efforts do not always succeed.

So, if it surprises anyone that there is not more Right-Wing humor out there, ask yourself this simple question: When have you ever gone to a movie and rooted for the popular jock to beat the unpopular nerd?

The problem with so many Conservative comedians (and Conservatives in general) these days is that they’re so certain that they are the nerds, they’re completely clueless to the fact that they’re actually the jocks. Feeling like things aren’t as great for you as they used to be is not the same thing as actually being tread upon.

Don’t be surprised when David Letterman doesn’t seem to act like one of you, simply because his bank account makes him look like he is. He knows it doesn’t suck to be David Letterman.

this article goes a long way to show that forum poster madhatter might be the funniest conservative alive, if that tells you anything about conservative "humor"

#95 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

There IS a reason people joked about Clinton's sex life. The man went after trolls.

And Obama has his heart in the right place? Since when?

#96 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,545 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

This is 7 pages now? I'm assuming Meat's spitball thesis has strained long past breaking point and we're now just telling dumb one liners.

#97 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

Conservatism is driven by fear primarily. Not an easy thing to mix with humor.

#98 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Spoiler

#99 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Who started this thread again? Oh, that's right, Sheikh Zulu. Who went to insults first? Oh, that's right, Gazi. Who got their panties in a wad first? Oh, that's right, Rodeo. Now even Zod is in on the act.

And yet they will talk about conservative whining.

#100 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Who started this thread again? Oh, that's right, Sheikh Zulu. Who went to insults first? Oh, that's right, Gazi. Who got their panties in a wad first? Oh, that's right, Rodeo. Now even Zod is in on the act.

Spoiler

#101 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,545 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

I'm not talking about whining. I'm talking about your point making absolutely no sense.

Conservatives aren't considered funny because the PC police. Yet the PC police love Louis CK.

Wait. What?

#102 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

I'm not talking about whining. I'm talking about your point making absolutely no sense.

Conservatives aren't considered funny because the PC police. Yet the PC police love Louis CK.

Wait. What?

Reading comprehension problems again, I see.

Conservatives laugh at different things than liberals. The things that conservatives laugh about aren't in the mainstream because of PC.

Liberals laugh at comedians like Louis CK. Why? He makes fun of white people. He makes fun of rich people.

But go ahead and twist that into a strawman. It's what you do best. And while you're at it, make a backhanded insult along the way. Because that's what mods should be doing.

#103 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,545 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Reading comprehension problems again, I see.

Conservatives laugh at different things than liberals. The things that conservatives laugh about aren't in the mainstream because of PC.

Liberals laugh at comedians like Louis CK. Why? He makes fun of white people. He makes fun of rich people.

But go ahead and twist that into a strawman. It's what you do best. And while you're at it, make a backhanded insult along the way. Because that's what mods should be doing.

Ahhhhh. So it's more you're completely ignorant of Louis CK.

From his show.

OH MY GAWD HE'S SO PC!!1!!!

#104 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

I'll admit the only thing I knew of Louis CK was what you guys have shown on here. Having watched the last one you just showed, he doesn't exactly cross the PC line.

#105 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,712 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

http://www.dailymail...-bra-pants.html

Here is where comedy immediately goes to racism. Like I said, minefields everywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com