Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allstate... good hands?... not so much...

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't let Geico pay me to be a customer, we got more complaints about them than any other company by far.

Posted · Report post

Go to an indepedant agent....they represent tons of insurance carriers and can place you with the company that fits you best. They aren't forced just to push one product like when you walk in All State......

Posted · Report post

Discount double check.

State Farm here and love it

Posted · Report post

yeah me too State Farm can't go wrong. I use Michael Pritchard in Charlotte 704-535-2292. Love how their is always a live person answer the phone in their office to handle whatever you need. They have your acct. pulled up in seconds, you don't have to wait for a live person, and they know you. No having to leave messages and crap. And they saved me hundreds on my car insurance when I got homeowners through them too over Nationwide.

Posted · Report post

Go to an indepedant agent....they represent tons of insurance carriers and can place you with the company that fits you best. They aren't forced just to push one product like when you walk in All State......

In theory anyway.

Posted · Report post

They will likely choose the company that makes them the most commission...

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yep.

State Farm is very reputable, they're ranked #1 for a reason.

If you need motorcycle insurance Progressive is nearly impossible to beat. I laugh every time I see that Allstate commercial that says all motorcycle insurance costs "about the same" any where you go,.

Posted · Report post

I like Geico

I agree, Geico has been great. My wife hit a deer in my truck a few weeks ago. I drove it to their site, they cut me a check on the spot. They even waived part of the the deductible for some reason, I can't remember why. They were extremely efficient.

My wife had an accident three and a half years ago, my insurance did go up, but not to the extent the OP's did. And even in that, when she was at fault, they were extremely efficient.

Posted · Report post

Most insurance companies will do the dirty work for you when you tell them who you are currently with. They will cancel for you, when you sign with them.

Posted · Report post

Most insurance companies will do the dirty work for you when you tell them who you are currently with. They will cancel for you, when you sign with them.

They can't, if someone wanted help canceling a policy with a competitor we had to keep the new customer on the phone in order for us to talk on their behalf.

Posted · Report post

They can't, if someone wanted help canceling a policy with a competitor we had to keep the new customer on the phone in order for us to talk on their behalf.

Correct. That's what I meant. I've had it done before, although I was a walk in.

Posted · Report post

First question is why would anyone have their homeowners ins and auto ins with different companies? You get discounts by bundling the coverages.